• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Accomplishments and 2016 Goals

2015: Got to 330 courses played.

2016: Play 331st new course and hopefully a few more.

2015 accomplishments:
Broke 400' consistently in field
Cementing the bag
Gained some accuracy.

2016 goals:
Throw 400' consistently on the course
Get more consistent form/accuracy
Play in local course league
Play first pdga event.

I have a feeling 2016 is gonna be a good year!

2015, played my first tourney after starting 17 years ago. Became fully addicted. Hitting 350 consistently with accuracy. Got over I'm no longer playing to win, now just want to play better than I did the last time I played

2016 goals, play as many tourneys as I can. Better my form every time I play. Finally get that Latitude E2 bag I've wanted. And feel confident enough to register for intermediate for the 2017 GBO.

2015: Became fully addicted, improved my distance and putting

2016: Increase distance, improve my forehand, putt more consistant, play my first tournament, get my first ace

2015: didnt meet any of my goals

2016: play less disc golf, forget about competing or making videos that people just rip on me for, and get back to the FUN of disc golf. Maybe in 2017 get back into tourneys.

Veto.

I can't support a goal of playing less dg

Veto.

Agreed. Plus the vids are fine. Gotta let the trolls talk to themselves.

And your super nice, helping me with the working out thing. I feel like i have a good routine that strengthens me while still not interrupting my real training. Not nearly as vigorous as when i started haha.

2015;
Learned to forehand
Changed my grip and kept the nose down on my drives
Improved my putting
Hooked up with better players and learned
Played my first tourney

2016;
Improve my distance
Play some PDGA events
Just plain improve

2015: my goal was to play atleast one tournament for the first time. I ended up winning my first ever tournament and placed 6th out of 20ish guys in my second. (Both in am/ intermediate divisions so not a huge deal, but cool to me)

2016 goals: play more tournaments and play more in general. I want to change the way I practice so it is more focused on putting and less on throwing big drives. I also want to focus on hitting my intended lines more often and getting a more consistant release of the disc during practice, but only worry about scoring well during rounds. Basically I want to differentiate between times that I am practicing and working on my form and times I am trying to score well. For whatever reason I will convince myself that its okay to throw multiple shots off the tee and take mulligans, but that doesnt translate well to tournament rounds for me.

Last edited:
2015 accomplishments
Consistently hitting 300' in the field. Now I know all the technique terms (crushing the can, hip turn, snap, etc.) and when I'm doing it wrong so when I review my field video I know what I need to work on. Got a basket for the backyard and feel confident within 20-25' range (don't necessarily make them on the course though).

2016 goals
Consistently hit 300' on the course and 350' in field. Feel comfortable with the 30'-45' putting. Work on more accuracy with up shots. This is going into my third year and the hard work is paying off with more confidence, better scores, better accuracy, and less time looking in the shule for discs which means a lot more fun.

Veto.

I know it sounds silly, but by not playing all the time I can focus more on fun. It honestly got to the point where playing just felt like a chore. I could never go just play a round...I was always focused on fixing (well, working on) some shot I screwed up at league or a tournament. It would be one thing if I was setting the world on fire, but my biggest tournament accomplishment this year was two consecutive 3rd place finishes in MA2. Whoop-dee-do.

So playing less means I will be playing when I want to. Not having the obligation in my mind of "I have to go play/putt/do footwork/fieldwork because I have an event coming up."

I want to get back to why I loved disc golf: farting around out in the fresh air with my buddies, never being frustrated, and not wasting thousands of dollars a year on events.

Sorry for the long explanation (I doubt anyone here really gives a **** what I do) but I figured I'd explain myself instead of coming across like some anti-disc golf goon.

I played 3 pdga events (less than planned, but 3 more than last year) and cashed in two. (Couldnt finish a round in the other, finished bogey bogey bogey par all three rounds...)

2016 goals? Basically be known as "the guy with the great sidearm" or "hes a great putter..." not just "man he sure throws far..."

I hope to get out to more and continue to round out my game this year. I am close to being equally confident in sidearm and backhand inside 300'. Then its backhand up to max d.

Stick to a putting style. I have flopped back and forth to straddle putting for years, which is great for versitility, but bad for long term confidence and consistancy.

Also stick to a bag. Its pretty well set, minus I thinkl sharks will take all mid duties back this year. I love the verdict, and like the truth but...

2015: Good year! Played 12 pdga events in open, which is 11 more than last year.
Won my first c tier and b tier.
Cashed in every tournament I played.
Got sponsored by DGA! I've wanted to be sponsored for a long long time.
Rating went up by 13 points and had a grip of 1000+ rated rounds
Made a bunch of new friends

2016: play some nt's
Play more a tiers
Don't crap out on any videos I might be on.
Meet more cool players (maybe a couple of you guys?)
Improve my distance and forehand
Lose some weight

2015:

- Rating went from 944 to 973
- Highest rated round (1030 :thmbup:), but lowest too (890 :thmbdown:)
- Improved my attitude a lot (except that 890 round where I almost stopped playing, still managed to be over 888)
- Broke the 500 feet mark
- Always found a way to have fun

2016:

- Improve my rating over 980, lower my standard deviation (at the present time it's 37 :doh:)
- Practice putting more than ever
- Get an ace on the first tournament, because the ace-pool will be huge (around 1500 $$$) !!!
- Represent my country in European Championships
- Manage to throw a speed 12 driver (because I have the arm speed for it)
- Find a way to play good disc-golf AND pass my second Bachelor year...:\ , studies come in front of course.

I don't play much competitive golf anymore, so there wasn't a lot of goal setting for 2015. I wanted to gain control of my forehand, so learning to throw understable plastic straight was probably the biggest one. I think I did a pretty good job with it, but on the flip side my backhand is pretty weak.

So, the goal for this year is to get my backhand back. I'm taking a new position at work next week, so hopefully that means more time to play a couple of tournaments this year.

2015:
- I picked up ACE #1
- Got added to a team (Salient)
- Place in the top 10 in a tournament

2016:
- Ace #2 (haha)
- Top 3 in a tourney
- Play in at least 5 Tournaments
- Break the 450ft. mark

I admire David Sauls goal. We take life for granted sometimes. I also just want to be able to walk this earth, and play the game I love.