• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know how the cards were picked? looking forward to watching AB on that 2:02 card, wonder if it's just chance, or if there were some other factors going into the card line ups?

anyone know how the cards were picked? looking forward to watching AB on that 2:02 card, wonder if it's just chance, or if there were some other factors going into the card line ups?

They did the previous year's Am Worlds winner on the feature card last year too. Paul gets on because he's Paul (reigning world champ too but whatever) Koling won last year, and nate is a previous winner ( I think)

Doss (surprisingly) has not won the event. But it is a Discraft tourney, and he's their biggest star. Either way it's a great card.

They did the previous year's Am Worlds winner on the feature card last year too. Paul gets on because he's Paul (reigning world champ too but whatever) Koling won last year, and nate is a previous winner ( I think)

Doss (surprisingly) has not won the event. But it is a Discraft tourney, and he's their biggest star. Either way it's a great card.

The "made-for-TV" last pairing at the Memorial are -- the defending Memorial champ (Jerm), the Am Worlds champ (AB) and the last two World Champions. Paul's just won so many in a row that we forget that Nate is the last World Champ not named Paul McBeth.

Maybe not entirely a question for this thread but...where's Barsby? He had some arm/elbow issues late last season if I recall correctly, but are those still bugging him? In PDGA it says that hes membership has expired.

The "made-for-TV" last pairing at the Memorial are -- the defending Memorial champ (Jerm), the Am Worlds champ (AB) and the last two World Champions. Paul's just won so many in a row that we forget that Nate is the last World Champ not named Paul McBeth.

They got quoted on smash box that Nate made the top card due to sports center ace last year at the memorial.

SmashBoxxTV is preparing to provide everyone FREE live coverage of 2016 The Memorial Championship presented by Discraft for the second consecutive year.
Coverage will begin on Wednesday, March 2nd from the Fountain Hills Disc Golf Course in Fountain Hill, Arizona.

I'm really looking forward to my first memorial in 4 years. Even with so little practice coming in, and driving up in the middle of the night on Tuesday/Wednesday I think I may do pretty well. I'll have to find a nice quiet spot near fountain hills to park and sleep in the back of my truck once I get there at 330-4am, and then it's game time.

Any other guys from here that are going to be out there this week?

You still rocking that standstill drive Russell? Good luck to everyone from here that's playing too.

absolutely @idiscgolf. I have had very little practice the last few months but I'm feeling pretty good about my game anyway. 50+ hour work weeks at odd hours, and the single dad life doesn't help disc golf too much, but that'll just make it more impressive when I do well

Still should be able to hit 450+' though on that standstill which should turn a couple heads. If I'm not too rusty anyway

Last edited:
It will be interesting in that first round to see how well AB does at hanging with the killers. Jake Laputka got crushed last year. Keep in mind that this is a tourney where the top players routinely shoot 1060+ rated.

AB has played with the big boys often, and he fared well at Maricopa a couple weeks ago, beating Paul Ulibarri. Plus these are home courses for him. I think he'll score well.

Last edited:
Come on guys,you guys arent giving these pros or these courses enough credit.

They also have to putt.

I wouldn't call being three feet away with your hyzer a putt :|

Seriously though, it might be a boring hyzer fest, but there can still be some huge moments; just look at the final round last year

I wouldn't call being three feet away with your hyzer a putt :|

Seriously though, it might be a boring hyzer fest, but there can still be some huge moments; just look at the final round last year

Oh yeah for sure. Don't get me wrong, its an excellent tournament and seems to always have an exciting finish. I just don't think it's a great style of golf.

idk, there is always a crazy windstorm for at least one round that makes things interesting.

idk, there is always a crazy windstorm for at least one round that makes things interesting.

Weather forecast right now is pretty favorable, and pretty hot which bodes well for AZ guys like myself. I wont have any trouble with the 90 degrees. Im not sure I can say the same for my first round cardmates from OR, CO, and Pasi Koivu from Finland. Im more worried about finding some spot I can park and sleep close enough to fountain hills at 3-4 am this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts