• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Pro Worlds Results by Manufacturer

2018 FPO Pro Worlds Results by Manufacturer:

1 Paige Bjerkaas Trilogy
2 Paige Pierce Trilogy
3 Jessica Weese Innova
3 Sarah Hokom Legacy
5 Rebecca Cox Trilogy
6 Catrina Allen Prodigy
6 Zoe Andyke Trilogy
8 Kristin Tattar Trilogy
9 Natalie Hollokoi Trilogy
10 Hailey King Discraft
10 Madison Walker Innova

Well, there you have it; Trilogy is #1 for the ladies!:D

They have a lot of very talented players.

I'm not surprised by the results at all.

Pretty sure all of those guys have been in the Top 10 before with the exception of Seppo.

not disputing the talent or previous placing. But given the form of other players and results at other DGPT/NT events, I would not have bet 5 in the top 10... and I'm guessing not many would have predicted that. The safe prediction would have been maybe 3 in the top 10 given the course styles.

Intresting that DD is so "weak" on the MPO side and how "weak" Innova and Prodigy is on the FPO side.

Eveliina is one of Innovas best..and Ragna one of Prodigys best. . would be interesting to know why

What is most surprising (to myself) is the lack of Discmania, in the form of one Eagle and one Simon, in the top 20...

Anyway, pumped for Barsby! Happy to see Cale finish up there, too! And most excited that we have a new champion, not in the form of a Paul or Ricky!

FWIW, I throw a mixed bag, care more about how a disc feels and flies than the manufacturer... So, not much for fanboi-ism. Would change if I was to be sponsored.... :D

^^ jmdaire beat me to it. Was just coming on here to comment on the surprisingly light showing for Discmania. They don't have crazy depth for top-tier players, but it's shocking to see NEITHER of the Crush Boys...

Discmania is a minor sponsor to a lot of Innova pros. I dont know the numbers but i think Jerm is, Sexton was, Conrad maybe...

FWIW - Only three pro's have ever had a true sponsorship with both companies - Avery, Will S and Nate S. The dual sponsorship with Nate was dropped last year and Avery remains the only only one "grandfather" in. I'm guessing it's easier for him to promote both brands, since both brands are not overly promoting him. I assume most Innova pro's have access to throw DM if they want, but it's not a formal agreement. :)

What is most surprising (to myself) is the lack of Discmania, in the form of one Eagle and one Simon, in the top 20...

Anyway, pumped for Barsby! Happy to see Cale finish up there, too! And most excited that we have a new champion, not in the form of a Paul or Ricky!

FWIW, I throw a mixed bag, care more about how a disc feels and flies than the manufacturer... So, not much for fanboi-ism. Would change if I was to be sponsored.... :D

Nate Perkins was in the top 20...

2018 FPO Pro Worlds Results by Manufacturer:

1 Paige Bjerkaas Trilogy
2 Paige Pierce Trilogy
3 Jessica Weese Innova
3 Sarah Hokom Legacy
5 Rebecca Cox Trilogy
6 Catrina Allen Prodigy
6 Zoe Andyke Trilogy
8 Kristin Tattar Trilogy
9 Natalie Hollokoi Trilogy
10 Hailey King Discraft
10 Madison Walker Innova

;) Trilogy discs are for girls ;)

Has a MPO player ever won worlds with 2 different companies? I can't recall this happening.

What has been the top finishes for a MPO player that has switched companies?

I believe that a FPO player has done this. Name this player

Ricky Wysocki finished 2nd in 2012, but I can't recall anyone pulling off a similar feat by winning first. It's pretty natural though, the flood of new manufacturers only happened in the last 10 years or so.

The answer to the FPO question is obviously Paige Pierce with three different disc sponsors.

Last edited:
But.... Trilogy is not a manufacturer

Discmania is a minor sponsor to a lot of Innova pros. I dont know the numbers but i think Jerm is, Sexton was, Conrad maybe...

Trilogy is not a Manufacturer. Oof.

Nate Perkins is DiscMania

As with the trilogy family of companies - Discmania players might have the odd Innova or Millenium or Hyzerbomb disc in the bag.

I think the slight cross pollination thing is good in these manufacturer families and sponsored pros. When McBeth throws an FD3, Sexton putts a P2, Conrad grabs that C-MD4, Eagle clutches that Max and Gator, Barsby goes to that Scorpius, you get excitement for the sibling companies.

Has a MPO player ever won worlds with 2 different companies? I can't recall this happening.

I believe that a FPO player has done this. Name this player

I just watched the 2012 Worlds on Jomez Pro, McBeth's first title, and he was wearing a Double D's shirt in the final round....so, there you go....OR he was just wearing a Dynamic Discs shirt for the heck of it....