• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

And in the blink of an eye, a new market suddenly emerges.
People, let's all welcome "PreMcB" Discraft to the marketplace. You heard it here first. :thmbup:

I'll kick us off:

FOR SALE:
PreMcB 1st run ESP Wasp - $300
(I self-declare this the speculative holy grail of PreMcB Discraft) :hfive:

If jomez is going to work with discraft in some fashion, might we see a new commentator on the mic? I'm sure they wouldn't flat out cut Nate or Jerm, but they may mix in other pros more often.

If jomez is going to work with discraft in some fashion, might we see a new commentator on the mic? I'm sure they wouldn't flat out cut Nate or Jerm, but they may mix in other pros more often.

Doss was one of the best imo. Professional (3x world champ), funny and extremely knowledgeable as he's played every tour stop out there. And then sum

I would think BigSexy will still be doing DGPT event postpro commentary... At least the ones they're both at anyway. Dodge cant be dumb enough to have not made a deal with them...

Last edited:
PDGA Radio Episode 39: Paul McBeth Talks New Sponsorship

In his first long-form interview since switching sponsors, four-time PDGA World Champion Paul McBeth confirms the details of his new contract (3:20) and opens up about why he decided to move on (5:30). The California pro also talks getting the blessing of new teammate Nate Doss (9:15) and the role his agent played in negotiations (10:40). Later, McBeth discusses the impact the move can have on other players and the sport as a whole (15:00); if he had second thoughts before really committing (18:20); and the recent changes to the Disc Golf Pro Tour's media landscape (27:25). And, of course, there's plenty of discussion about what he'll throw.

Meanwhile, Trilogy's biggest MPO sponsored players are Eric Oakley, Zach Melton, and Paige Pierce. hmm not much there at all :gross::thmbdown:

They may add at least 1 young gun by January 1

Uli will be the main voice for Discraft on Jomez next year. I would expect (hope) Paul will do a few as well.

I'm saying communicating that sentiment has not come across. Maybe it will, I hope the higher ups heed some of this. I'm not taking shots or playing sides, it's business and I'm talking ROI using content marketing. Feed my fandom, and I'll feed your wallet. I'm more excited and moved by what Paul has done on his own, than what the official response has been.

With all the media leaks, Paul wearing a discraft shirt, etc, etc, I think Discraft had to do something quickly to take advantage of the media hype. But I'm starting to wonder just how big Jomez is getting, and perhaps if the other disc golf media outlets are fading. Terry has been around a long time, and to not get the scoop on any of this, man..he has to feel a bit out of the loop.

With all the media leaks, Paul wearing a discraft shirt, etc, etc, I think Discraft had to do something quickly to take advantage of the media hype. But I'm starting to wonder just how big Jomez is getting, and perhaps if the other disc golf media outlets are fading. Terry has been around a long time, and to not get the scoop on any of this, man..he has to feel a bit out of the loop.

Not getting "the scoop"? I mean, we have been talking about this on the podcast for weeks. And behind the scenes, Terry and I have known about the Paul info for quite a while. But it wasn't in our best interest to confirm any of the news before the actual announcement. I know that Terry would have loved to been involved in the announcement, but Terry has also been extremely busy the past few weeks with the Next Gen Tour & now in Australia.

And frankly, Jomez is much better setup for this style of video than Terry. It only kinda makes sense to have them do it.

I know that Terry would have loved to been involved in the announcement, but Terry has also been extremely busy the past few weeks with the Next Gen Tour & now in Australia.

I actually assumed Terry would have been the one to "officially" have the scoop in the announcement, that's what I was referring to.

Not getting "the scoop"? I mean, we have been talking about this on the podcast for weeks. And behind the scenes, Terry and I have known about the Paul info for quite a while. But it wasn't in our best interest to confirm any of the news before the actual announcement. I know that Terry would have loved to been involved in the announcement, but Terry has also been extremely busy the past few weeks with the Next Gen Tour & now in Australia.

And frankly, Jomez is much better setup for this style of video than Terry. It only kinda makes sense to have them do it.

I don't know, Terry looks pretty out of the loop here...

paul-mcbeth-discraft-banner-placement-1024x576.png

Still wondering where Uli and Kevin Jones are going...

My guess is Uli -> Discraft with McBeth teaming up to be Paul^2
Kevin Jones -> Prodigy? (haven't heard or seen any rumors to Innova since the Ricky rumors started)

On another note what if Discraft is going to be the new media provider for DGPT? Ultimate has live coverage on TV and Discraft is Ultimate, maybe there is a connection here. In addition look at the number of Discraft sponsored tournaments on the DGPT schedule.

Just my thoughts.

Hannah did make references to Ultimate in the snow globe post.

Was this a reference to Discraft, being they are ultimate Ultimate disc provider, or to something deeper?

The real question that needs to be asked is..

...will the McBeth/Innova fanboy clones start throwing DC? Or will they start wearing mismatched outfits that are a size too big for them, hats that are slightly crooked and pulled down over their ears and buy stacks of 2x Wystroyers?...

That was brutal, brutus.

Latest posts