• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

PD2s
Destroyers
Firebirds
Teebirds
MD4s
Caiman/Gator/Frog?
AviarX3
Whale/VAviar/BB Aviar

FTFY

Doubt he will throw PD2s and Destroyers at the same time. He would probably throw the MD2 before the MD4 as its closer to a Compass IMO and more workable. He used to throw rocs as well. Maybe the Gator if he prefers a bead, but I think he would prefer the mortar like germ and Sexton who are both big on FH approach shots and prefer that disc. Caiman seems interesting but don't know enough about it and the Frog doesn't exist yet. Also, he's definitely not throwing the VAviar lol.

Doubt he will throw PD2s and Destroyers at the same time. He would probably throw the MD2 before the MD4 as its closer to a Compass IMO and more workable. He used to throw rocs as well. Maybe the Gator if he prefers a bead, but I think he would prefer the mortar like germ and Sexton who are both big on FH approach shots and prefer that disc. Caiman seems interesting but don't know enough about it and the Frog doesn't exist yet. Also, he's definitely not throwing the VAviar lol.

I think he's more likely to throw both the PD2 and Destroyer than the XCal and Destroyer. PD2's are more consistently overstable than XCal's from everything I understand. He also threw both Enforcers and Defenders at times so I could see him going both PD2 and Destroyers. Especially if he potentially prefers one for forehand and the other for backhand.

I think he's more likely to throw both the PD2 and Destroyer than the XCal and Destroyer. PD2's are more consistently overstable than XCal's from everything I understand. He also threw both Enforcers and Defenders at times so I could see him going both PD2 and Destroyers. Especially if he potentially prefers one for forehand and the other for backhand.

The FH vs BH thing is true. Although I was under the assumption that Xcals are more OS than PD2s. I may have had that mixed up. Either way. I see him throwing a lot of overstable reliable molds.

Oskar Vikstrom is rated 1006. Vaino Makela is rated 1026. They both are from Finland. So unless Osker is younger, and by a pretty good margin, Makela is better. However, you do have a point thay they are limited by the weather they live in.

Oskari is 15 and Väinö is about 20. I think Oskari is most likely the youngest player to become 1000 rated (went from 973(?) to 1006 this season). They both live here in Jyväskylä in central Finland so comparing them is relatively easy. Väinö is better and more experienced at the moment but Oskari is most definitely giving him a run for his money, especially in the future. I've known both of them for a few years and it's been fun watching them and the other young players get better in leaps and bounds.

Oskar Vikstrom is rated 1006. Vaino Makela is rated 1026. They both are from Finland. So unless Osker is younger, and by a pretty good margin, Makela is better. However, you do have a point thay they are limited by the weather they live in.

Oskar is 15 I think. Väinö is no old guy but he is an adult (i.e. 18+ for most purposes in Finland, voting, driving, alcohol, tobacco)

Mind you, I was talking about the hottest up and comer already on Team Discmania.

Alex Geisinger seen throwing a Discraft bag over the winter, heard it was on a bet. Anyone think he would switch?

I can't comment on him switching but will say he just got a really nice box of team stamped goodness from his allotment from Innova within the last month.

Oskari is 15 and Väinö is about 20. I think Oskari is most likely the youngest player to become 1000 rated (went from 973(?) to 1006 this season).

I think D Wiggins Jr. hit it just before or after turning 15 as well, so that's certainly a respectable track to be on. Very, VERY good with a bright future. :clap:

If it is true that Devin Owens is departing, that's another hit for L64's touring core. That leaves McCray, Musick, and some Feldberg as the core presence of that team. That almost forces Trilogy's hand to get a name-brand MPO, and fast.

Ian,
I know you'll never tell, but this would be something fun to know.

I've had friends like that.
The ones everyone said were boring and dull and creepy were really good people. They just didn't give a flip about their cred or their popularity.
OTOH, some of the most deceitful, back-stabbing people I've ever known were a blast to hang out with, but would roast you the minute you left.
Anyways, life is like that. There's the real person and the persona they project.

Boring and dull is one thing, but creepy? I mean, most of the folks who give me the creeps earned my opinion. On the other hand, some folks who "look" creepy aren't.

Now, every time I watch a CCDG vid I'm gonna be thinking, "which one of those guys is the creepy one? And which one looks nice, but is a pain in the arse?"

As long as it isn't Sexy or Barsbaroni, I can take it.

Boring and dull is one thing, but creepy? I mean, most of the folks who give me the creeps earned my opinion. On the other hand, some folks who "look" creepy aren't.

Now, every time I watch a CCDG vid I'm gonna be thinking, "which one of those guys is the creepy one? And which one looks nice, but is a pain in the arse?"

As long as it isn't Sexy or Barsbaroni, I can take it.

I've never met Sexton, but Barsby is hands down one of the coolest, normal-acting pros that I have met.

If it is true that Devin Owens is departing, that's another hit for L64's touring core. That leaves McCray, Musick, and some Feldberg as the core presence of that team. That almost forces Trilogy's hand to get a name-brand MPO, and fast.

They may need to reach out and sign Nikko. He and McCray can make appearances together... :\

(Yes, I'm kidding :p )

Latest posts