• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

2019 Pros switching Commentary thread?

I mostly appreciate when commentators (especially when they are calling their own card) tell me OTHER stuff while i'm watching the round. I don't need you telling me "here's paul taking his 20 footer" "yup he's pretty automatic from there" "yep it's in for the birdie"

I'd rather you tell me other things that are happening at the time, give me a feel for being in the moment. "at this point of the round, there's a huge crowd walking over because the chase card finished up" or "you might not have noticed but i switched my putting putter here because..."

I'm hearing rumblings of James Proctor making a move to Innova.

Adding Proctor to go along with Devan Owens and Wysocki, probably won't make up for losing McBeth, but it's a start.

Reid frescura (the skipper from lead card of ledgestone) sponsored by LAt 64 was holding a buzzz in his instagram picture.

I posted that I hoped Discraft would sign him back before the McBeth rumors came true. Young Michigan guy that absolutely crushes seems like a good pickup for them. Got to see Reid play at Ledgestone this year and hoping we see more of him next season on Jomez coverage. The tee shot he was throwing on hole 8(I think?) was just nuts. He seems to have Simon, Eagle, GG, etc type power.

I'm excited to see Reid do some touring this year. We need more leftys on tour. Austin Turner had a down year and Devan Owens had a pretty down year too.

I feel Left Handed players have a fairly significant disadvantage due to the one-sided design of the majority of courses. It is very apparent when 1-2 holes are referenced as "lefty holes." It is beyond a joke to see how unfair some of these courses are. . .it will be exciting to see more left handers make a push to the lead cards of big events.

Melton
Turner
Owens
Frescura
????

I'm excited to see Reid do some touring this year. We need more leftys on tour. Austin Turner had a down year and Devan Owens had a pretty down year too.

I'm hearing rumblings of James Proctor making a move to Innova.

Adding Proctor to go along with Devan Owens and Wysocki, probably won't make up for losing McBeth, but it's a start.

Don't know if/where he is going, but Proctor was recently selling his Lat-branded clothing on the local club's FB page.

I feel Left Handed players have a fairly significant disadvantage due to the one-sided design of the majority of courses. It is very apparent when 1-2 holes are referenced as "lefty holes." It is beyond a joke to see how unfair some of these courses are. . .it will be exciting to see more left handers make a push to the lead cards of big events.

Melton
Turner
Owens
Frescura
????

Look for Nathan Queen

Melton
Turner
Owens
Frescura
????

plus theres like hardly any lefty discs being made atm

It does have to suck playing a course like Fountain Hills being a lefty. Unless you have a really really good FH, its basically like you are playing a bunch of stroke and distance holes, while most of the rest of the field is playing it where it crosses. Now there are a couple holes where the road serves the same purpose for the righties but you don't lose discs in the road.

I'm a lefty and every righty I play with considers any hole that doesn't play to the natural RHBH fade a lefty hole.

I will note that from the courses I've played that you will often see a lot of holes with low ceilings that fade left but rarely see a low ceiling shot that has the basket to the right. "Lefty" holes almost always have a high anhyzer line while they're often ignored on "Righty" holes.

It's a double edged sword. A lefty is fading away from the water on most of those holes.

That's kinda my point. As a lefty, you are throwing out over the water fading away from it...but, you have to actually make it back first. So if its goes OB, you are most likely playing your next shot from pretty much the same area you just threw from. If your a righty and go OB you are getting all(or at least some if it was a total shank) of the distance. A good course design would equal that out and like I said earlier, there are some holes where the righties are throwing out over the road but its just not the same as that lake, especially when the wind is howling. Also, I think its easier to attack some of those pins having more land to hit short and skip to the basket. Whereas the lefty either has to spike it(and risk getting up in the wind) or play short and hit a longer putt...

...and like I said, having a really good FH does help. Most of the top leftys do have pretty good FHs.