• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Realize it is titled "building the bag" not an in the bag.
This is Discraft able to put out arguably their biggest marketing video for their discs in years. He's highlighting their line. A true in the bag won't come for a long time. You are expecting something that would be more appropriate for after the memorial. This is Discraft marketing their discs with their new poster boy not a PMcB in the bag.
I think it's a great move by them. He's highlighting discs he will probably never throw. Discs I have simply because they were in a player pack or tourney prize or raffle that I've never thrown or thought about throwing. How many Discraft discs are out there sitting waiting to be thrown. Does this video get me to throw any of mine? Buy more?

Hell his final statement is ~some are in my bag some I threw for the first time today.... tell us what you think.

As I said in my original post, it's not bad, it just wasn't what I expected. I was hoping to see some molds that he's put the time in with and are some serious contenders for making the bag.

As I said in my original post, it's not bad, it just wasn't what I expected. I was hoping to see some molds that he's put the time in with and are some serious contenders for making the bag.

Not to belabor the point, but the video series is called "building the bag". It's not an in the bag. He says exactly what's for sure and what he's experimenting with.

We're gonna get 4+ years of in the bags from McBeth. I for one am glad we get to see the process of building it, and not just the finished product.

We're gonna get 4+ years of in the bags from McBeth. I for one am glad we get to see the process of building it, and not just the finished product.

It would seem disingenuous if he acted like he's been throwing it all and knows all of Discrafts discs already.

He JUST started throwing their discs, he has a few molds hes for sure throwing, and a few that he's testing out. Seems legit.

Watched the McBeth ITB on Jomez and I don't know why but I was expecting more.

I have to be honest here... it was strange seeing him all branded up. I get it, with the money he was paid he's probably going to have to be in the spotlight a little more...than he's used to. I just hope I don't see him at a local event sitting behind a table selling a bunch of DC stuff. Prefer to see McB on the course throwing plastic.

I liked it. Jomez graphics department is outta here. Minor gripes: is the non-OS Nuke really 12 speed and the OS 13 speed? Seems counterintuitive. Also could they not have fixed him calling the Undertaker the Vulture a couple of times? Otherwise job well done. Thankfully the videos are a little spread out, midranges in January. Otherwise it might feel a little pushy (like "here are 10 different midranges from Discraft. The Buzz will be in my bag, and lets see what there others do, havent really thrown them")

Watched the McBeth ITB on Jomez and I don't know why but I was expecting more. He didn't seem too excited about any of it. Also wasn't really certain about how what he was throwing would fly, some of which it seems like he was throwing for the first time.

I don't think it was bad but maybe I expected him to have his bag a little more dialed in for the video with a bit of excitement about the new molds.

he literally says at the beginning and the end that he hasnt even thrown some of the discs there. In my opinion, i thought it was a fantastic video and think more companies should do this kind of advertising

he literally says at the beginning and the end that he hasnt even thrown some of the discs there. In my opinion, i thought it was a fantastic video and think more companies should do this kind of advertising

I agree. Also, it wasn't an In the Bag, it was a Building the Bag. I think people are salty because they're comparing it to an ITB when that's not what it's intended to be.

The amazing part is he says "That should be standing up right about now" as they cut to the other camera precisely as it is standing up and rolling another 200 ft.

To be fair, that COULD have been cut and timed in the editing room to line up. Don't know if it was or not.

I liked it for what it was. It was Paul experimenting with discs and a big intro to all Discraft discs. Solid graphics, audio & video overall. Well done.

I agree. Also, it wasn't an In the Bag, it was a Building the Bag. I think people are salty because they're comparing it to an ITB when that's not what it's intended to be.
Saying something wasn't what you were expecting makes you salty? Like I said it wasn't bad but I was expecting more of an ITB. That is all.

Graphics and filming were on point, and I'm glad he was properly mic'd up (was surprised he wasn't in the little teaser video). But I'd like to see the next one assembled diifferently. They almost lost me after 4 minutes of just taking the discs out and saying what they were before throwing them. I know that would take away from showing the whole list on the side with the plastic call outs, but I need to see some throws before too long. Otherwise, it was great.

It's been viewed 42k times over 15 hours. Whether or not you personally like the video or not it has to be viewed as a huge success to Discraft (or DC or D or team D, not sure what we are using now).
It gave an overview on discs I had no clue as to How they flew and showed the best in the business throwing them. I'm personally not going to run out and buy them, but i imagine a ton of people will because of this video.

Hopefully the next installment is "Mids, BBQ, and Putters".

I just hope I don't see him at a local event sitting behind a table selling a bunch of DC stuff. Prefer to see McB on the course throwing plastic.

I saw Ricky doing this very thing at Ledgestone in '17, after his round. It was kinda sad really.
Dude plays a grueling round at Eureka Temp and then scurries to set up his table at Sunset Hills to sell his/Lat64 merch.

I saw Ricky doing this very thing at Ledgestone in '17, after his round. It was kinda sad really.
Dude plays a grueling round at Eureka Temp and then scurries to set up his table at Sunset Hills to sell his/Lat64 merch.

On the other hand, I think of that as hustle and admire it. I hope he makes a bundle betting on himself like that.

Graphics and filming were on point, and I'm glad he was properly mic'd up (was surprised he wasn't in the little teaser video). But I'd like to see the next one assembled diifferently. They almost lost me after 4 minutes of just taking the discs out and saying what they were before throwing them. I know that would take away from showing the whole list on the side with the plastic call outs, but I need to see some throws before too long. Otherwise, it was great.

I would have separated the distance drivers from fairways. It was plenty good and I enjoyed it. Just a ton to digest and, as you say, too much time before discs start flying. The linear structure makes sense and was probably the easiest structure to edit around.

I also found the uphill setting to be a little weird.

Latest posts