• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I also found the uphill setting to be a little weird.

When you throw 500' straight line it's hard to find open spaces I bet. He was throwing slightly uphill and still hit trees in the distance...

I agree about thinking that they would have separated the distance and the fairways if the goal was to try out almost everything, but that's still a ton of discs.

Last edited:
When you throw 500' straight line it's hard to find open spaces I bet. He was throwing slightly uphill and still hit trees in the distance...

Open spaces and good camera angles. Open spaces are almost useless if one is filming into the sun.

Also, they had the backdrop of both the hills and trees so you could actually see the flight of the disc.

That's the rumor. Official news should drop soon...

That seems like huge news. Aren't two of the biggest DGPT events main sponsor Discraft? Sounds like spice comin'. :popcorn:

Saying something wasn't what you were expecting makes you salty? Like I said it wasn't bad but I was expecting more of an ITB. That is all.

I wasn't speaking about you specifically, sorry if you took it that way. I've seen people on Facebook (most of my friends on there are disc golf related) that we're upset that If wasn't a true ITB. I was talking about the general opinions I've seen.

I wonder why people were expecting an actual in the bag, when the series is called "Building a bag"

I honestly thought it was gonna be an ITB and they just called in Building the Bag because he switched brands and had to start from scratch. I loved it either way. Wish other brands would do that.

I liked how honest the whole thing was.

He's obviously not afraid to say what he thinks about the discs.

Like with the Nuke (probably a big seller for Discraft), calling it fast but touchy.

I didn't like how they had him throwing up hill though.

Almost every stable/OS disc is going to fade out when throwing uphill with a tailwind and some newer players might not understand that.

he literally says at the beginning and the end that he hasnt even thrown some of the discs there. In my opinion, i thought it was a fantastic video and think more companies should do this kind of advertising

Agreed, the video wasn't for the media junkies on this site, it was a perfect video for noobs interested in Paul McBeth and Discraft in general. Was there any drivers/fairways from DC that he didn't mention?

I liked how honest the whole thing was.

He's obviously not afraid to say what he thinks about the discs.

Like with the Nuke (probably a big seller for Discraft), calling it fast but touchy.

I didn't like how they had him throwing up hill though.

Almost every stable/OS disc is going to fade out when throwing uphill with a tailwind and some newer players might not understand that.

That was my biggest gripe. We're seeing how the discs fly, but uphill with a tailwind.

Maybe that's how he's showing us what flights will look like for us mere mortals?

The Thrasher, which he would mercilessly flip into oblivion but is great for noodles like me.

Sorry if it's off topic, but I have to ask... The Nuke SS was the first disc that gave me a substantial distance increase back when I threw DC. Is the Thrasher more understable than a Nuke SS?

I'm actually more interested in what Uli is going to throw.

All this McBeth build up, debating, disney and Star wars has pretty much turned me off. Best of luck to you Paul, but I just no longer care. I didn't drink the DD Kool-ade, I'm not going to try the DC flavor either.

Agreed, the video wasn't for the media junkies on this site, it was a perfect video for noobs interested in Paul McBeth and Discraft in general. Was there any drivers/fairways from DC that he didn't mention?

Thrasher and Machete come to mind right away. I am a little surprised he settled on the Predator right away without giving much thought to the Machete. Predators have great overstable flight but definitely feel different in the hand.

I'm actually more interested in what Uli is going to throw.

All this McBeth build up, debating, disney and Star wars has pretty much turned me off. Best of luck to you Paul, but I just no longer care. I didn't drink the DD Kool-ade, I'm not going to try the DC flavor either.

The only company currently active in the sport that is older than Discraft is DGA...and Discraft molds their discs. McBeth might be shining a new light on the brand, but you shouldn't have to "drink the koolaid" to recognize good plastic.

The only company currently active in the sport that is older than Discraft is DGA...and Discraft molds their discs. McBeth might be shining a new light on the brand, but you shouldn't have to "drink the koolaid" to recognize good plastic.

Pretty much very company has good plastic, just depends on the molds and the fantasy they inspire to sell them.

That was my biggest gripe. We're seeing how the discs fly, but uphill with a tailwind.

Maybe that's how he's showing us what flights will look like for us mere mortals?

There really isn't another open place at Turner Park to throw/film. I also think the uphill background gives better 'optics' as opposed to see it flying in blue sky.

Plus it's North Texas - it's either 100+ degrees or windy

Latest posts