• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 LVC

Said it before say it again

Someone ought to invest in a mental coach or what have you

Dont think its gonna go away just on its own

Hate to say it, but it's really hard to buy into her as a legit FPO contender when the putting is that poor.

You can only say her putting game will come around for so long before the reality sets in that she's just a terrible putter.

That's like saying if Ohn could consistently hit 400-450 feet of golf distance she'd be unstoppable.

discgolf ist expensive enough
never in my live im gonna pay for a live coverage

Crazy shot off the top of the band from 200 feet by KJ.

Calvin came through in the clutch. I enjoyed watching the 4th round.

For some reason UDisc still is showing KJUSA went OB twice on 18 to finish at double bogey, but I re-watched and the off the band approach did not look like it went OB. He should be at -30 and solo 2nd place.

For some reason UDisc still is showing KJUSA went OB twice on 18 to finish at double bogey, but I re-watched and the off the band approach did not look like it went OB. He should be at -30 and solo 2nd place.

The announcers mentioned that twice. The off the band approach looked like it settled 15 feet behind the basket inbounds. I had him at 5 on that hole.

Hate to say it, but it's really hard to buy into her as a legit FPO contender when the putting is that poor.

You can only say her putting game will come around for so long before the reality sets in that she's just a terrible putter.

That's like saying if Ohn could consistently hit 400-450 feet of golf distance she'd be unstoppable.

The difference, and I think part of the reason people consider her a contender...is that a bad putter can wake up one day, or even one week, and just be "on" from putting. The same thing could happen for throwing accuracy (which might negate some need for putting). Nobody just wakes up one day and has an "on" day driving where they throw 100 feet further than they ever have before. She's not a consistent contender...but any "I throw further than everyone else but can't putt" person can be a contender on any given day.

It reminds me a lot of the posts I see on Facebook where someone is mad that the person who beat them in a local C-tier is way too good to be playing in their division. Then you look at their history and it's clear the person just got insanely hot for the day.

I think all of this is increasingly true when the source of the poor performance seems primarily mental as opposed to physical (because clearly she's got some mental block on the putting, it would be pretty impossible to be THAT bad physically).

The announcers mentioned that twice. The off the band approach looked like it settled 15 feet behind the basket inbounds. I had him at 5 on that hole.

Shows that way on PDGA as well. In theory there could be a penalty forthcoming for allowing an incorrect card to be turned in.

After a closer slo-mo re-watch, the shot off the band might have been OB and the score correct. On the replay the tree blocks us from seeing where his blue disc approach lands. But afterwards, on KJ's putt, we see him make the putt then go backwards & pick up a blue disc from just outside the OB line.

After a closer slo-mo re-watch, the shot off the band might have been OB and the score correct. On the replay the tree blocks us from seeing where his blue disc approach lands. But afterwards, on KJ's putt, we see him make the putt then go backwards & pick up a blue disc from just outside the OB line.

Dang that is an unforgiving OB line, lol.

Thank you for clarifying.

Dang that is an unforgiving OB line, lol.

Thank you for clarifying.

Go re-watch the final hole of the 2022 LVC. Gannon Buhr throws what looks like a really nice upshot, but it barely crests the hill and gently slid OB, giving Gibson the win.

Did you see the shot where AB's disc hit a spotter and went into the hazard? Spotter was kicking himself on the inside, then realized he was on camera.

Did you see the shot where AB's disc hit a spotter and went into the hazard? Spotter was kicking himself on the inside, then realized he was on camera.

It's probably more common than we are aware. A spotter's job is rough. We have flags (or something else) to indicate inbounds or out of bounds. But we have nothing to indicate "I can't see the disc!!!!". Players know there is a spotter, so they assume the spotter sees the disc and rarely ever yell fore if the disc is headed towards the spotter. The times I've lost sight of a disc, I've crouched down, put my forearms over my head (for protection) and continued to try and spot the disc.....when that happened, no player ever yelled fore, even though discs have come very close to hitting me.

And then you have the folks filming....lots of times they have to jump out of the way and I'm pretty sure some of them have stopped/deflected discs unintentionally.

Those discs fly fast and when you get so focused on the disc, sometimes you just don't realize you have to get out of the way and there's not much time to spare. Then there are times you are positive you are out of the way and the wind or a skip changes the direction of the disc and - oops, now you are in the way.

Go re-watch the final hole of the 2022 LVC. Gannon Buhr throws what looks like a really nice upshot, but it barely crests the hill and gently slid OB, giving Gibson the win.

That is a much better angle. You can really see the slope toward OB. That was lost in the camera angle on KJUSAs shot.

Latest posts