• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3/8/12 HOD Lochness Park DGC, Blaine MN

Cool hole!

Green: Wraith on a high hyzer to make sure I clear the water, Ion for the putt
Red: FH an Orc straight ahead, then likely a Teebird to get to the basket
Blue: Start with a Teebird, try and get near the Green tee and go from there.

Blue, Lay up to the green tee with a leopard, buzzz to get over the water and finish up with challenger.

Red, Teebird straight off the tee pad. Lay up with a buzzz or challenger depending on the shot I've left myself and finish with the challenger.

Green, Buzzz straight over the water at the basket and finish up with the challenger.

As others have posted, the brush is waaaay taller now. Before the brush grew up I could take it around the fairway to the left of the water. Now that is a deathwish.

Boring hole, anode x 3.

As others have posted, the brush is waaaay taller now. Before the brush grew up I could take it around the fairway to the left of the water. Now that is a deathwish.

Boring hole, anode x 3.

You really think this hole is boring???

You really think this hole is boring???

It's a cool looking hole but it's sort of boring from the blue tee since it's basically a forced 300'-350' wide open lay up to a wide open approach. If you miss the ideal landing zone, or can't throw that far, your 2nd shot becomes a lot more difficult.

The other two tees are a little more interesting.

It's a cool looking hole but it's sort of boring from the blue tee since it's basically a forced 300'-350' wide open lay up to a wide open approach. If you miss the ideal landing zone, or can't throw that far, your 2nd shot becomes a lot more difficult.

The other two tees are a little more interesting.

There is lots of trouble even from the blue tee and the wind can really make it interesting. The thick rough and the ditch behinde the pin add to the challange IMO. I agree to a point from the blue but the bushes that gaurd the green make shot two kinda ticky.

I like holes that force a placement shot from the tee and going over the water on the second shot is not always a given. I have thrown rollers from the Blue Tee before and that makes it more fun.

Blue Ill go for the lay up with an Orc, a new one so that if it gets wet i wont get emotional.

and from there ill come in with a drone up high and try to attack the basket like a wwII kamakazi

Cool hole. Any hole where you have to wait a minute and think it out is my favorite.

LHBH: Blue: Roc to Green T, then spike hyzer my newer Eagle to the basket.
Red: Aviar to in front of Green T....

I would not go as far as saying this boring, but it is far from marquee. I much prefer Holes 1, 2, 8, and 9 than this hole. The reason being is that there is only one real way to attack the basket. On a tight wooded course, I could can accept that, but on a relatively wide open hole, you should have more options than land here or you are wet. At least the other holes I mentioned above allow you to try different ways to get that distance (average distance from blue is 700-800 feet); S-Curves, hyzerflips, rollers, etc. This hole has basically one area to land in and realistically only one safe way to get there.

Exactly, boring from the blue because there is a clear cut shot that frankly isn't all that hard to land. I will admit wind makes it tough, but without wind its either an easy 3 or a long putt at a 3.

Blue: Teebird, Anode or Ion, Anode to finish.
Red: Big River anny, Anode to finish.
Green: Vector? ace run...Anode to finish.

Blue: Throw a wasp to the green tee and then another wasp to the basket hopefully for a 3

Red: Champ valk on a hyzer flip hopefully close enough for a putt at a 2 but more than likely a 3

Green: Champ glow teebird tap in for a 2

I think I would juust go for it off the blue tee for the basket and see what happens. TL or a Viking for that job. Probably wishful thinking that I could throw that far.

Blue, I'm going to bomb the living daylights out of a wahoo and hope that I can either clear or fade to the left. Then Buzzz Aviar for the bird.

Red, I know I can clear with the wahoo. Then putt for an eagle... Ok, maybe wishful thinking on my accuracy at that D, but Imma be positive here.

Green Buzzz Aviar.

For both the last two posts, bombing off the blue is highly unadvised, as you probably have noticed in other posts already and even hinted at with the "what the hell" attitudes, but there is a narrow strip of dry land between those two pseudo-ponds. With some decent but not harsh fade (rhbh) you can hit it which would put in a position to hopefully run the basket. The dry land surrounding the basket is wide but narrow and difficult to hit if you are coming right at it (which is likely from most shots we have already mentioned). But bombing it from the blue and hitting that narrow strip of land between the waters would put you in a spot to run the basket from the side, giving you that wide length to play with. Again, not advisible, but possible.

Blue: Banshee or FB and Ion or Anode to finish.
Red: GL River on a HF and Anode or Ion to finish.
Green: Roc or Buzz for the Ace run and Anode to finish.