• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4 Disc Challenge - 1 Distance, Fairway, Approach and Putt

I just realised my current bag makes this not so much of a challenge.

I would have ESP Pred, GL River or Cyclone, Z Buzzz, Med Ion. I would also not throw a D Driver.
I agree with the people picking a putter, mid, workable control driver and a very overstable driver. Unless you make up a special course where having a distance driver will save you a lot of strokes (I've never been to a course like this) your distance driver is probably the disc you'll throw the least. Once you really figure out what your discs can do and you get good at disc selection (two of the biggest advantages of discing down and minimizing) you'll probably find that the amount of use you get out of your disc looks similar to this (from most used to least)

Putter
Mid
Control driver
Very overstable driver
Moderately overstable driver
Understable driver (most of these shots are covered by your control driver)
Distance driver

Depending on the course a couple of those might be switched, but for the most part none of them will move more than one place.

So, if you only get 4 discs, a putter, mid, control driver and very overstable driver are the obvious choice. For me it's:

Wizard
Roc
Gazelle
Spirit

The extra 30' I get out of a distance driver will almost never outweigh the extra control I get out of any of those discs when you look at a whole course, or even half of one.