• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4th Annual Hawk Hollow Meet

To get an invitiation complete the poll

• Total voters
rumor has it that there is a herd coming from Richmond to spend the day at Hawk Hollow. Also if anyone feels like being a part of something important there is a Wounded Warriors event going on today at Loriella Park in Spotsylvania.

unfortunately I was unable to take the day off for the Wounded Warriors. I am debating on if I will be able to get there for Tiki tonight.

Let me be the first to thank Biscoe for setting up the course beautifully, Jerry and Prerube for their organizational skills, and Ray for perhaps the best pig I have ever eaten. Thanks also to Keith for covering my bad shots in doubles, and to folks that offered tent space, cooked breakfast, and provided the all-important bottle opener. :D

I had a blast, and hope to do this again next year. :clap::clap::clap:

Justin (NOVA local) won singles with a 61 with Russ Jessop (a spotsy local) coming in second with a 64.

The top DGCR finishers ended up being a 3 way tie at 66: Prerube, Warobert, and Sidewinder22

I had a blast this weekend. Hawk Hollow is one of the best courses I have ever played. The views and scenery were amazing, and the holes were epic. The Blockhouse was a ton of fun too, I really enjoyed the glow round Friday night. Thanks to everyone who helped put this meet-up together, it was a lot of fun. Lets hope that next year it isn't so freaking hot out lol

Can you say....
BEST YEAR EVER!

First and foremost, thank you John Biscoe and family for allowing the invasion 4 years running. Thank you for prepping the course for us every year. Thank you for handling the out-house rental and providing a disc golf venue like no other. This year was extra special with the cows spectating every throw.

Second, thanks everyone in attendance and supporting disc golf at Hawk Hollow. Everybody was extremely gracious, respectable, positive, and CLEAN! I found only 1 cigarette butt and 1 bottle cap in the grass after everybody departed. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please post and share your photos if you captured any!

Specific thank-you's in no specific order:
Vegan Ray for the amazing smoked pork and friday night camp fire shenanigans.
KniceZ and the Austin family for the breakfast's.
JAbruzzo for the ice cold beers (and helping VR).
Prerube for the TD help and final cleanup help. Cant do this without you, bud.
All the Philly/Jersey guys for the crazy huge shade tent, fire wood, music, etc, etc.
FredVegas for the photography and for hooking me up with a crazy good steak and burger.
All my fellow Southern Maryland Disc Golf Club members around the Uncle Rico van (there were 10 of us and ya'll served our club proud)!
The Virginia and Maryland locals that came out and provided some heavy competition.
The Blockhouse crew for their awesome facility and night-time events.
Thanks everyone in attendance for supporting Hawk Hollow via donations, shirt sales, and hot sauce sales.

Lastly -- i'd like to open the discussion to any suggestions or feedback to how we can improve the show next year. What were the goods, bads, and uglies?

I'd just like to commend you guys for doing a fantastic job of cleaning up afterwards and for all the great attitudes I see at this event every year. It is the continuing good stewardship of the course by disc golfers which enables us to keep the course.

Apologies for the state of the bridge on hole 14.

Can't wait to see pics ... and dare I hope for some video?!?!?!?!

I really want to make this meetup at some point, but it probably won't be until after I graduate (so it'd be the Fall '15 meetup I might be able to make :\ )

Had a great time again this year. I had planned on getting pictures during the second round but I didn't plan on the heat and I ended up cowering in the shade. But here is a picture of my view from the nice shade. From this spot I watched the clouds go by, stared at the pirate flag blowing in the wind, and made conversation with Vegan Ray.

LfeLaffl.jpg

Here are a few shots from my phone.

CxoSVQGl.jpg

hhnMnJrl.jpg

7GmqTUBl.jpg

8LCnJDml.jpg

Thanks jrawk for putting this on - fantastic weekend. :thmbup::thmbup: Next time could you arrange for cooler weather. :gross:

Thanks Biscoe for all the prep work. No apology needed about the bridge the downed tree laying on top of it worked just fine.

I just want to thank jrawk and prerube for all the work they put into making the 4th HH meet a true success. I also want to give a shout out and a huge thanks to Biscoe for allowing us to use his land and play his fantastic course. HH is hands down one of the best courses on the East Coast and in my top 10 must play courses.

It was great to see the cows out in the pastures this year. I was looking for some Bulls but I guess that would be considered extreme disc golf. Although one of those little calves was eyeing our group pretty hard.

Looking forward to trying to tackle that course again next year. Hopefully I can break into the 60's next year and give some of you locals a better run for your money.

Need help adding photo. Give me a minute!

OK Kevin - How do you insert a photo from photobucket? I am having some difficulties.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Need help adding photo. Give me a minute!

OK Kevin - How do you insert a photo from photobucket? I am having some difficulties.

Thanks!

Usually for each image there is an image link that you just copy & paste. But if you don't see it then have the pic that you want to post up and right click on the image. Select copy image location. then in the DGCR post click the image icon paste the image location url.

Latest posts