• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

93EXCivic's 2017 bag(s)

Putters:
150g PFN DX Polecat- main putter
172g GStar Polecat- driving Polecat
172g Omega Big Bead Supersoft- overstable putter. Headwind putts, hyzer putts, overstable driving putter

Mids:
177g Z Comet- Straight to slightly os mid
176g Caribou- Understable mid. Touch shots. Turnover forehands.

Fairways:
175g CS Champ Gazelle- overstable forehand workhorse fairway
172g GStar Gazelle- straight to flippy fairway (Most used Gazelle)
171g DX Gazelle- very beat in. Backhand rollers. Sky high turnovers. Touchy shots

Control Drivers:
175 g Amber Raptor- OS Forehand driver. Wind fighter BH and Spike hyzer disc. Thumbers (for what they are worth)
160 g Buffalo- worn in. OS Backhand driver
162g Z Heat- workhorse driver
164g X Heat- worn in. Turnover driver and max distance work.

Utility:
175g Stego- Forehand rollers and super OS approach work

So the Gila while a great disc, just doesn't fit in my bag. The Walrus while I love the flight with the soft plastic, I grip lock the disc way too much so back to the Comet. To be honest though, I am very tempted drop the Comet because I am pretty consistently getting the same distance with the Omega. That putter bombs.

Putters:
150g PFN DX Polecat- touchy shot approach disc (touch overhands, long straddle putts, touch forehands, bad footing backhands, etc)
172g Omega Big Bead Supersoft- main putter
175g Omega Big Bead AP- neutral driving putter

Mids:
176g Caribou- Understable mid. Touch shots. Turnover forehands.

Fairways:
175g CS Champ Gazelle- overstable forehand workhorse fairway
172g GStar Gazelle- straight to flippy fairway (Most used Gazelle)
171g DX Gazelle- very beat in. Backhand rollers. Sky high turnovers. Touchy shots

Control Drivers:
175 g Amber Raptor- OS Forehand driver. Wind fighter BH and Spike hyzer disc. Thumbers (for what they are worth)
164g X Heat- worn in. Turnover driver and max distance work.

Utility:

Big change to my bag. The Omega BB is eating up more and more shots. I dropped the Comet because I could get the same distance and lines out of the Omega. I also swapped to the Omega Supersoft as my main putter. I have just been absolutely loving this putter. I am going to try out a non BB Omega to see how I like that since it has a lot more options for plastics. Also the Buffalo just keeps getting better as it beats in. Really loving this disc.

I am thinking of adding an OS mid to my bag to fill the gap between the Stego and the Raptor. I might put a Pro-D Zone back in. I am also considering a Pro D Drone or a Frontline X Mortar. Although with a Champ Gazelle in the bag, I am not entirely sure I need this.
I am also going to be playing around with distance drivers (Zero-G Quasar, Astra, Aries). I know I really shouldn't grab a stupid fast driver and use it to make up for a lack of distance. I have realized that I just don't have the time right now between house work and other hobbies to really put in the time to do much beyond play a couple quick rounds a week and maybe if I am lucky practice putting every now and then. Pretty much I have realized this is just a fun hobby to de-stress and occasionally play a tournament so why not just use what I can to have the most fun possible.

Last edited:
Putters:
150g PFN DX Polecat- touchy shot approach disc (touch overhands, long straddle putts, touch forehands, bad footing backhands, etc)
172g Omega Big Bead Supersoft- main putter
175g Omega Big Bead AP- neutral driving putter

Mids:
175g DX Gator- OS approach/ mid disc.

Fairways:
175g Glow Champ Gazelle- overstable workhorse fairway
172g DX Gazelle- straight to slightly flippy
171g DX Gazelle- pretty beat in. Flippy fairway.

Control Drivers:
175 g Armorflex Raptor- OS Forehand driver. Wind fighter BH and Spike hyzer disc. Thumbers (for what they are worth)
162g X Heat- max distance work.
164g X Heat- worn in. Turnover driver

Utility:

I realized the other day I was basically never using the Caribou. I have been putting anny on an Omega or powering up on my Polecat for shorter shots that I used the Caribou for. And using my beat Gazelle for the longer shots. For now I think I am going to rock the Gator as my OS approach/ mid disc. I have a Taurus on the way and I want to try out an Omega3 (if it comes out in premium plastic) and the Mortar (if I can find one). Swapped back to the Armorflex Raptor because I was having a lot of early release problems on my forehand with the Amber. Swapped the GStar for a slightly worn DX Gazelle so I can beat it in as a backup for my most beat Gazelle. Need to beat up an Omega Big Bead to cover the flippy putter spot. I haven't tried out any distance drivers and I probably am not going to until I get that OS mid spot settled down.

Putters:
150g PFN DX Polecat: long straddle putts, touch FHs, touch OHs, touch straight upshots, short turnovers, etc
175g Supersoft Omega Big Bead: main putter
175g DT Omega Big Bead: approach/ straight driving putter
170g Pro D Zone- beat in. OS driving putter
175g Sparkle Z Flx Zone- very OS putter

Fairways:
175g Champ Glow Gazelle- OS FH fairway
175g Champ Glow Gazelle- beat in somewhat, OS BH Fairway
170g DX Gazelle- straight fairway driver
170g DX Gazelle- beat in. Turnover fairway

Drivers
175g Armorflex Raptor- OS control driver. Headwind FHs, spike hyzers, OHs
161g Buffalo- OS control driver.
170g Z Heat- frozen rope driver
162g X Heat- max distance work
164 g X Heat- beat in turnover driver

Utility:
175 g Stego- mostly FH rollers, sometimes for when I need all the fade

Man I threw the Zone again the other day and I am kicking myself for trying to find something else. I am going to try out the Tank and Omega3 because I don't like putting with a Zone and I need something more OS then the Big Bead for headwind putts.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Latest posts