• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question about a purchase I just made

MrHollywood

I recently was reading alot about the Roc and decided to get one for myself. My brother talked me into getting the R-Pro instead of the Dx. Was that a bad move?

Welcome to the site! One of the best, most underutilized aspects of this site is the search feature.

To answer your question, it's all about preference.

I recently was reading alot about the Roc and decided to get one for myself. My brother talked me into getting the R-Pro instead of the Dx. Was that a bad move?

smokey.jpg

Haha. Thanks. I was just wondering if other people have tried them out and just wonder what the general opinion was on them.

Frank is right. The current production R-Pro's are terrible, they're a different mold. Known as the Roc+ mold, and they're terrible. The die hard Roc throwers hate them. You'd have been better off just buying a good ole DX Rancho Roc.

Thanks. I'll probably end up getting a Dx Roc too. Dang I'm going to need a new bag but don't want to drop the money.

My preference is DX over R-Pro. I just really have a problem with what I percieve as the durability issues with the R-Pro material - it seems to shred easy. I personally think that Rocs are some of the best DX discs around- I would even choose them over KC Pro Rocs.

I just bought a star roc+, and I really like it, but I haven't been throwing rocs very long, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. Maybe try one in the KC Pro plastic.

You'll get over that.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

The beauty of DX Rocs is that they will wear in, they gain a bit of glide and loose a bit of fade. When this happens, you put a new one in the bag next to it for your true stable shots, and use the wearing one for more turnovers and straight-line shots.

Many players prefer a firmer feel in putters and mids that they use for driving and longer shots, as it gives them more control. The R-Pro version may be good for shots that have to land on hard, rocky surfaces, at they won't bounce as much, but can be harder to get a consistent release with these soft discs. This, of course, is a debated topic.

So I ended up just circumventing the whole problem by buying a brand new Dx Roc today. Haha. Was very glad I bought it. Threw some pretty great second shots, one being a a second shot from about 150 feet out that got chains. Would definitely recommend it. So now i have a R-Pro Roc, Star Stingray, and Soft Magnet coming soon in the mail. I'm excited.

Latest posts