• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aaron Rodgers plays DG

I think the closest Dg shot to throwing a football would be a tomahawk. I don't know anyone that can throw an 80 yard tomahawk, not saying it can't be done. I can throw a baseball in the upper 80's, but I rarely break 400ft throwing a disc.

I have seen a few different guys throw a tomahawk 400 ft. + (and this doesn't include the 400 ft. + Epic drives...they don't count). It is very cool to watch it up close. It is a super powerful motion that is hard to comprehend. I am pretty sure I would rip my arm out of socket if I did this on a regular basis. There is one local guy that might not quite reach the 400 ft. plateau, but he throws the shot on almost every drive at Creve Coeur (kinda open bomber course). Either he has a awesome doctor that doesn't mind scripping him an unlimited supply of vicodin, or his arm is not made of human flesh. I would be crying in my sleep...

I think the closest Dg shot to throwing a football would be a tomahawk. I don't know anyone that can throw an 80 yard tomahawk, not saying it can't be done. I can throw a baseball in the upper 80's, but I rarely break 400ft throwing a disc.

got a buddy who can pull that off. He was a collegiate baseball player. I bet an NFL QB could huck some tommys and better yet a thumber. I can bomb those so I know somebody with a better shoulder could launch the hell out of them

I think it's great he gives props to the sport, "frolf" or not. Let's not disect every word, okay? He gets enough of that as it is and probably enjoys the fact that he wouldn't get "hero worship" treatment on a course.

I have seen a few different guys throw a tomahawk 400 ft. + (and this doesn't include the 400 ft. + Epic drives...they don't count). It is very cool to watch it up close. It is a super powerful motion that is hard to comprehend. I am pretty sure I would rip my arm out of socket if I did this on a regular basis. There is one local guy that might not quite reach the 400 ft. plateau, but he throws the shot on almost every drive at Creve Coeur (kinda open bomber course). Either he has a awesome doctor that doesn't mind scripping him an unlimited supply of vicodin, or his arm is not made of human flesh. I would be crying in my sleep...

Tomahawk or thumber? Thumber I can understand, I've seen that firsthand also, and can come pretty close myself. But a 400+ foot tommy? I would love to see that.(not kidding, I think that would be awesome)

Tomahawk or thumber? Thumber I can understand, I've seen that firsthand also, and can come pretty close myself. But a 400+ foot tommy? I would love to see that.(not kidding, I think that would be awesome)

My buddy throws them all the time with an Epic, he has a really weird corkscrew tommy throw that I curse all the time.

Natural athleticism helps in any sport. My nephew is a solid HS QB and he can flat bomb. I showed him the technique and he picked it right up and can throw a TeeBird over 400'. Pro athletes are freaks of nature and I'm sure he can bomb!

Not that this isn't cool, but it seems like if my arm made me millions of dollars i wouldn't risk overusing or hurting it doing something else.

Discount Double Check!

I've compared my FH to a sidearm QB throw. I can only imagine Jeff George hucking discs FH back in his prime. Tommy is much more natural than thumber because all the leverage in football comes off the index finger. I'd like to see Charles Barkley play disc golf err not.

It is cool and all to hear of celebrities playing; but man does he kind of come off as a tool in that interview. I for one am far from a hippie... That interviewer doesn't exactly help the cause though; it's obvious he has no clue about the subject. You're always supposed to come in with some knowledge of that subject as an interviewer.

It's not funny. The Texans are going to win the super bowl. TJ Yates is the next Tom Brady. You'll see. You all will!

I've seen 140 yard tomahawks.. It's not very hard to throw one 80 yards!

It's not funny. The Texans are going to win the super bowl. TJ Yates is the next Tom Brady. You'll see. You all will!

Lol. You're like a white Kat Williams! Good stuff. I watched TJ Yikes for 4 years at UNC. I saw nothing that would suggest he would play in the NFL but I guess if you lose your first 3 QB's, you'll see playing time. Not trying to pick on you but come on, Tom Brady! Even my Panthers beat you guys with TJ.

Edit before an edit: maybe you are being sarcastic.

Not going to happen, sorry. And this is coming from someone who hates the pack with all his heart. It will make my day to see the pack eliminated, but it's not going to happen..