• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace first ever throw with new disc?

I've thrown a Westside Tursas one time in my life, and I aced Hole 11 at Woodmere DGC in Evansville, IN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done it in the first round once, but not the very first drive.

My buddy Jeff aced with his first throw EVER. Hole was just under 200' and you had a choice of going left or right with trees (and the basket) up the center. Guess what? He's hooked now lol

Yup yup...I bagged an ace with the first throw of a Lucid Fury. Funny thing is I had just found it on the previous hole (no name) and decided to give it a go on hole 2...guess it was fate lol.

First throw ever with a wraith I accidentally chained out of hole 1 at Wakanda Park. I was just trying to give it a heave off the tee; not really aiming for the basket and it actually flipped more than I expected to find its way there.

HeavyCritters found an ESP Force on the course during the winter when I was with him, and promptly aced hole 13 at The Quarry on a FH with it. First throw.

Only ace I've seen him throw in about 500 rounds thrown with him.

Not aced - but my first two throws on course trying out a fuse several years ago were on metal. Unfortunately those were the best two throws I ever made with that disc.

Close but no cigar...

Nailed my 2nd throw at the 2011 Ace Race.

Also hit an ace with a DX Aero during a 3 disc round. I had just gotten some cheap discs on here to let noobs use and wanted to see what they did. And the Aero flew STRAIGHT!

My buddy Jeff aced with his first throw EVER. Hole was just under 200' and you had a choice of going left or right with trees (and the basket) up the center. Guess what? He's hooked now lol

I think I would have quit with a perfect record. Who else could say that? :clap:

Seriously though, that's impressive but also shows how an ace can be just luck. Lots of them are skill, but they can also be head scratcher lucky......

I'm surprised at the number of folks that don't take a new, untested disc, to a field to figure it out first. Seems weird. But then, with only one ace, I never expect to do it with any disc, ever. Broken in or otherwise.

Not with the first throw, but on two occasions I've ordered a disc, unboxed it at the course, and within 5 throws have tossed an ace. Once with a gstar Orc and once with a dx eagle. First throw aces would be hard with brand new discs, unless you have bought something you already know and throw extensively.

Not technically an ace as I have never thrown a new disc in a round without tossing it a few times first, but;
Yesterday I bought an Innova Birdie and I aced the practice basket from the parking lot on my first throw. Walked it off to be 180-190ft!

First throw with a Lid too, the only other lid I ever threw before was a Zephyr

I got may first ace last year when I went to a campground, not planning to play any disc golf. Found out they had a course on site. Bought a disc from the camp office, aced the second hole with it. Maybe it was the 3rd or 4th throw.

Just got an ace today on first round with new disc. 10th hole but my 9th played since skipped hole 1 due to a group of people. I did do close to an hour of fieldwork before the round though.

Yesterday my friend bought a Champ Colossus from Tom Monroe in the George Ward parking lot, took like 10 steps to the #1 pad, teed off first, and caught chains on his first ever throw with it. It splashed out, but still one of the craziest DG moments I've been around for.