• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Admit it, you throw like a sissy!

banknwank

Eagle Member
If you have spent any time on these forums , you've heard it. Disc down......throw your mids......... Don't fight it, because it's true for most of us. Lighter, slower, and more under stable suits most of more than most discs over speed nine. My average arm mixed with high altitude only magnifies this.

So, I admit that I still bag a 150 Leo, just purchased a 150 archangel and a 150 sidewinder...... Flat, down wind and uphill I am going to get = or better distance than any of big boy stuff 90% of the time.
I recently started playing skins matches with some guys I met on the course and they are a step or two better than me. (Motivates me). The alpha in the group usually gets paid and out drives every one most of the time. He was checking out my bad ass 150 archangel and made the comment about how it's a great gchild's disc...... We through our drives on a 370ish hole and he out did me be 10-20 ft as usual with something in the speed 11ish. He is decent player and finishes under par most of the time. Even though he is consistent and throws a little better overall, he has to anny flex the faster stuff and could prob make use of some slightly slower stuff on hyzer flip to level release. He went 20-30 ft to the right and I found middle fairway. I made 35 footer, he didn't. Had to remind him of my driver for children. So don't be afraid to throw light weight, uber flippy children's drivers.

My inconsistency is a bigger issue than my meager distance.

I may not throw that far, but if there's a small diameter tree out at 200', I'm your man to hit the trunk of it dead center.

I recently purchased a 152 Blizzard Boss and can rip it. I get comments from some friends about throwing lightweight plastic, but when I parked a 400' hole the other day with it one of them commented on how he needs to "check that blizzard stuff out". nice post. I've learned to throw what works best for me and don't care if it it's not "Max weight and Manly"

I have decent distance and I still throw a lot of lighter discs. Most of my drivers are in the 165ish range and tend to be understable to stable, my max distance driver is a 150 blizzard boss.

Remember, it's not about how much D your packing, but how you use it.

one of my favorite drivers all last summer was a 162g 1.1 SOLF. :) cash money, homie. ain't nothing wrong with throwing the disc that works.

The only max weight discs in my bag are one of the three mids and my putters. 168 is my sweet spot, though I'm tempted to find a really light teebird and see if I can push it past my high speed stuff.

I may not throw that far, but if there's a small diameter tree out at 200', I'm your man to hit the trunk of it dead center.

Wait - you hit it dead center? I usually hit it on the worst possible side.

i have a 156 KCP teebird in the bag, thing rips

but more often i'm throwing a leo or a polaris and generally getting better distance and staying in the fairway.

One of my go to drivers will always be my 167 Champ Sidewinder. No shame in throwing some understable plastic.

Look at distance records, every distance record has been held by an understable disc or super light.. Beat dx teebird, dx valk, blizz boss.

I played with someone the other day at a local course that just moved into town. It was probably one of the better girls I've seen play. She forehanded everything. Her nuke os was too understable for her huge 300 foot drives. I was dumbfounded. She needs a sidewinder to learn to throw.

Latest posts