• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Advice on selling a ‘pay for play’ course in Florida

Jackkasting

I have a course 20 acre 18 hole course with driving range, pro shop and restaurant for sale in Hudson, FL. I wanted to get some advice on how to sell to course owners. It's producing great income.

Any ideas how to get in touch with people that may be interested?

I have a course 20 acre 18 hole course with driving range, pro shop and restaurant for sale in Hudson, FL. I wanted to get some advice on how to sell to course owners. It's producing great income.

Is this a business only property or is there a residence on site? Outside your normal realtor/MLS stuff...

I'd recommend posting on your local disc golf facebook page. For whatever reason it seems facebook is where most dg chatter takes place. Create a post and share it across all the big Southeast region pages, maybe the whole country, you never know who might be considering a move to FL.

If this is indeed a money making venture that is "producing great income," and is being sold as such, I'd be prepared for people to ask to look at the books. Typically three to five years of all the relevant financial information is the standard for purchasing existing businesses.

Having all this information ready and waiting for potential buyers will be essential.

Other than maybe FB or reddit or the like, list it in normal real estate publications. Disc golfers buy (and peruse) real estate just like any random Joe Schmo.

I see you just joined and this is your first post. What exactly are you selling? It sounds to me like a BALL golf course. Is it, if so, you are in the wrong place....this is the DISC Golf Course Review site and forum.

I may be wrong, but looks to me that you are doing a web search for golf course...and this is one site that showed up.

I see you just joined and this is your first post. What exactly are you selling? It sounds to me like a BALL golf course. Is it, if so, you are in the wrong place....this is the DISC Golf Course Review site and forum.

I may be wrong, but looks to me that you are doing a web search for golf course...and this is one site that showed up.

20 acres is not enough room for 18 holes of [ball] golf. Barely enough room for a decent disc golf course, not enough room for a great disc golf course. I'd venture to guess nearly all of the top 50 courses are more than 20 acres (I could be way off, somebody prove me wrong, I'm not about to do the research).

And 350' is more like an "approach" range than a "driving" range.