• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alternative DG exposure opportunities- ESPN and beyond

DNewq

I like many other disc golf enthusiasts am thrilled about media exposure opportunities such as the Nate Doss and Billy Engel Aces that have been showcased on ESPN Sportscenter Top ten. I think it is phenomenal and hope this is just the beginning. I have been brainstorming other unique exposure opportunities and one that I have been pursuing is a Fantasy game on ESPN called Streak for the cash. http://streak.espn.go.com/en/
I won't attempt to explain all the details of the game on this initial post see website to find out more, but besides the major sports, they profile all sorts of obscure sports, some more established than others. I have seen everything from horse racing, Turkish soccer, Czech hockey, college softball etc. Sometimes they ask for input on matchup ideas from online players. For today I suggested something for the Master's Cup in Santa Cruz. No traction so far. The potential I see is that the game draws 500,000 players a day with all kinds of sports interests.

This is one brainstom I have been brewing on. Would be curious with some feedback and what other ideas people have had of their own. #growthesport

Streak for the Cash is a fun little betting game that cost $0 to play, and could potentially land you a million bones.

I could see a Paul McBeth vs. the field matchup

Thanks for the reply. The matchup I suggested for ESPN Streak for the Cash was for the Masters Cup. It read something like this:
Who will be leading after Rd. 1 of the Masters Cup?
1. Paul Mcbeth or tie
2. Any other Player

Anyway, I have been pestering them with suggestions over the last year or so and will continue to politely ask them to give it a chance. The main events I will aim for will be PDGA Worlds and the USDGC.

As an example today alone they have matchups for the following sporting events:
Geneva Open (Tennis)
League of Ireland Cup (Soccer)
Italian Lega A (Basketball)
I have seen even more obscure sporting events than that, there is room for Disc Golf in this game.

Cheers.

http://streak.espn.go.com/en/