• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I in the wrong here???

I don't know enough about the other guy or the background to even begin to comment on his stance, attitude or methodology.

However, since you asked about your decision, I will comment. With Discraft putting out so much marketing and informatoin, it is best to follow their rules 100%. Regardless of whether a change from their rules is right/wrong, better/worse, it is different from many players expectations. When you do things different than advertised, different than players expectations, you open up Pandoras box.

Speaking as an Ace Race TD, if I knew some players were coming out to my Ace Race who had previous experience, I still would not let everyone have the disc. Sure it would be more fair, but it is not worth deviating from the rules.

At the end of the day, it really is not a big deal. If I were you, I would refrain from commenting. Don't fan the flames of the issue and let it die.

Just my 2 cents.

I dont think you need to fully understand a back story to assess if this type of response is excessive. I get it, I messed up, I opened the pandoras box and it will forever tarnish the event and so on. I cant wait for it to be over so the focus can fall on the main issue here!

I guess I am taking it even more personally as I funded it last year, and barely got my money back (took 9 months)...the club had $ this year, but had no interest in ponying up...despite the fact I helped raise most of the $ in the kitty...so I took a gamble on a much scaled down version of the event, with my own $.

Without me making the effort, sourcing the leftover discs and so on, there would be no event to argue about...so I guess thats what irks me the most, that and the fact WE HAVE NO PRIZES, so its not like someone getting a disc months before, learningit, then hitting up a few ace race events to win the big prize packs..we got nothing to win, and we are just playing it during usual rounds.

Speaking as an Ace Race TD, if I knew some players were coming out to my Ace Race who had previous experience, I still would not let everyone have the disc. Sure it would be more fair, but it is not worth deviating from the rules.

I considered this...but felt for us (with only 3 events in Australia mind you) that 4 of our main members going to another club was somewhat differant to visiting members from another club (like we had last year). I guess I just thought of it from the very new players...already have a snowflakes chance in hell, but to learn 4 good players already know how to throw a disc they have never thrown...would make them a lot less interested.

He has also mentioned he has gotten others to boycott the event, leaving me with nearly half the packs unsold...so I take it very personally then.

Nate, Feel yr pain brother, best advice, move on to the event and enjoy being at the event. The Sport is supposed to be fun, Not who can get what.

Big Question?? is this guy Michael Corleone is he gonna send out Aussie's worst to come after you??

I know the Cultures are different from Australia to America, but if someone sent me that note to my Cpu, i would've printed it out and gone to his house and punched his lights out. While he's lying there counting the birds he sees, cram the note in his mouth. The Fact he's trying to blackball you, Double Wrong, Trying to tell you what you can and can't do cause its a freakin club and he's what afraid of Competition.

Go out there get the word out, Put on a hell of an event, and enjoy it.

we had something similiar this year with our club concerning the Bag Tags and almost split the group in half, But better heads prevailed and those who were deemed as "Win at all Costs" attitude were not invited back to our group. We play DG cause we enjoy the comraderity and the fellowship of other players, and because we enjoy the sport.

Hope that helps Don't worry about it and enjoy the event.

P.S. Ignore the A***Holes, they just want to ruin everyone's good time.