• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Android GPS App

discthrower3

Anyone know of an Android app that will measure point "a" to "b" via the sky? Looking for one that you'd click "point a"......walk to next spot...click "point b" and then show me the distance between those points. Not looking for distance walked, as up and down terrain will lengthen the measurement.

Wanting this to map out and measure new holes.

Thanks

there is one for the iphone and it is garbage. I would guess that most smart phones just do not have an accurate enough gps to do this to any degree of usefulness yet.

I use GPS Essentials for measuring shot distance. I used to have a gps app on my phone that I would start the tracker at the 1st hole and then shut it down after 18 so I could measure how far I walked in the round. I wish I could remember what that app was.

BLURR said:
I use GPS Essentials for measuring shot distance. I used to have a gps app on my phone that I would start the tracker at the 1st hole and then shut it down after 18 so I could measure how far I walked in the round. I wish I could remember what that app was.

I used Endomondo for that. Keeps track of it, maps it out for you, and even uploads your "workout" to Facebook.

I have tried Endomondo as well. It's a good app for the most part, but I had some issues with it crashing. I haven't tried it though since upgrading to Gingerbread. Maybe I should give it a go again. Do you use the free version or the pro version?

Free, and I've used it on Blackberry and Droid both. Never had much issue with crashing, only had issue with the occasional later in the day round on my droid killing the battery before the round was over.

I use a app called "GPS Distance meter", it's buggy but it does the job with good enough accuracy.