• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anhyzer putt of let it fade from longer distances?

ViolaBouquet

Eagle Member
Where to aim for long distance putting. I seem to see most pros aiming to the top right and they just have that right distance for it to fade in. I often anhyzer putt a bit so the disc stays on a relatively straight line. I can see the downfall of this being if it misses it can float far past, however it seems that there may be more accuracy with slightly too much or too little power. What "should" I be doing.

I tend to spin putt, but push putt if it's a downhill slope or it just feels more comfortable in that moment.

There are so many ways to putt well, I think it's really down to personal preference.

If you are looking for an example of someone who can anhyzer putt effectively from long distance, you can look at Paul Ulibarri. Now, he tends to mess around with his putt a lot, but if you go back and look at coverage from early 2021, you will see plenty of examples of long anhyzer putts. I think I remember him using it until at least the Master's Cup.

Personally, I've switched to almost exclusively a hyzer putt from anywhere, but that has to far more to do with what I've found works for me. I tend to release late if you I don't use a hyzer putt.

It just feels like to me that, while there are fundamentals to putting, everyone's stroke tends to be unique. There was a comedy video that was played on Showmez in 2020 where this guy was imitating the putts of a whole slew of pros, and they were each distinct and easily recognizable.

So you have to do what works for you.

Yup... it's a broad question and it's all preference. My preference is also a flat to hyzer putt. The hyzer makes very little difference for the first part of the flight especially in c1. Towards the end of c2 I start using a little anhyzer or flat, aim to the side and just count on the envy to hook back. I also find the hyzer drops into the basket better.

Can't remember which local pro gave me the tip way back when but he basically said a well weighted hyzer arc/fade with good height increases the odds of hitting as it fades and leaves you with a more manageable leave should you miss.

Latest posts