• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any Dutch, Icelandic DGers on here?

Naenae

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I'm hoping to get in a few international rounds. What courses do you play in your home area?

Icelandic here.

In the capital region there's two competition courses, Grafarholt and Gufunes, I'm lucky to live very close to both and as such play both a ton. They both have 3 sets of tees, but are definitely designed around the most challenging ones, blues, on which par is around 950 rated. Whites are decent, but some holes are oddly designed and and there are sometimes lackluster tees on those, par there is around 840 rated. Reds, the easiest, are usually just tee signs with no tees made for small children and complete beginners.

Of the two, Grafarholt is more difficult, but also way more beautiful and varied, it's probably the destination course in Iceland.

There's also a good selection of fun, challenging 8-10 holers, of those I'd say Laugardalur (nice park style), Vífilsstaðir (hilly semi-open) and Guðmundarlundur (short but technical) stand out.

Up North in Akureyri you have Hamrar, which is a great technical course with some beautiful views, though the upkeep is sometimes lacking.

Feel free to PM me any questions you might have.

Icelandic here.

In the capital region there's two competition courses, Grafarholt and Gufunes, I'm lucky to live very close to both and as such play both a ton. They both have 3 sets of tees, but are definitely designed around the most challenging ones, blues, on which par is around 950 rated. Whites are decent, but some holes are oddly designed and and there are sometimes lackluster tees on those, par there is around 840 rated. Reds, the easiest, are usually just tee signs with no tees made for small children and complete beginners.

Of the two, Grafarholt is more difficult, but also way more beautiful and varied, it's probably the destination course in Iceland.

There's also a good selection of fun, challenging 8-10 holers, of those I'd say Laugardalur (nice park style), Vífilsstaðir (hilly semi-open) and Guðmundarlundur (short but technical) stand out.

Up North in Akureyri you have Hamrar, which is a great technical course with some beautiful views, though the upkeep is sometimes lacking.

Feel free to PM me any questions you might have.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I will take a look at these. We are staying north of Selfoss, so Southern Iceland in general should be reachable.

You're a gem.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I will take a look at these. We are staying north of Selfoss, so Southern Iceland in general should be reachable.

You're a gem.
No problem!

I know there's also an 18 holer in Selfoss, near the campsite. It's quite popular with the locals and I've heard generally favorable reviews of by people I know, but I haven't playe d it myself. All I know is it's fairly short and new.