• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone tried a Kastaplast Rask?

JR

* Ace Member *
I loaned one for a single throw yesterday but it was windy and the owner said it was undrstable so i gave it generous hyzer and underpowered it and it did not flip at all. I cannot say how it acts based on that drive other than it is not flippy at sub 400' power most likely.

The grip is really unique. There is a mild thumbtrack that makes the already thin disc feel really super thin. If you can fit the finger between the rim and the protrusion on the bottom of the flight plate. Which was a hassle even with my small fingers. I did not notice any issues when throwing the disc though. The protrusion is shaped so that you can grip it too but Innova plus rims have nothing on it angle wise. I imagine without testing it that the situation is way better than it sounds based on the slant because the thumbtrack is situated fairly far away from the edge of the disc and allows a thumb to index finger top to bottom pinch.

The plastic felt fairly slick like most hard plastics in 48 F tops.

I have not checked what rask means but kastaplast lacks a space in between the words throw and plastic in Swedish.

Threw Turso's Rasks a few times. Needs a lot of oomph to really fly, more than I am able to provide. Haven't tried them into headwinds, but I have a feeling they're more speed overstable than true overstable. Grip was uncomfortable, but not godawful. Could see them being really long and possibly pretty accurate discs for someone with 450-500' distance.

I imagine person to person experience and preference to the grip varies more than with any other disc. There are more grip options than with other discs if you can fit the finger tips in the regular way because there is the added option of grpiing with the Stokely grip too gripping the inner ridge. I kick myself for not trying a fh grip too. On top the groove and the thin disc helps but the bottom grip concerns me. Where on earth do you put the fingers? I had difficulty with a bh grip to push the fingers in a traditional position. Plus rim to the max in the ridge seems hard to grip fh intellectually without having actually tried it.

JR said:
I have not checked what rask means but kastaplast lacks a space in between the words throw and plastic in Swedish.

It means tendy for the Bruins.

My arm hurts so i only tried way powered down throws and this thing needs power. Lots of it. With 200' throws it hyzered 60-70 degrees depending on the height of the ground. I tossed level and downhill. The grip with regular grips bh and fh were normal feeling but i assume people with large hands may have a hard time with a comfortable grip.