• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Asheville

Triple_Bogey

I'm going up to Asheville for the weekend for my cousin's wedding and will have some free time Saturday morning for a round of disc golf. I heard that Asheville has some really nice courses, so what course would be the best to visit if I could only do one?

I like the one in downtown where you drive off Packs Tavern.

MD1.jpg

:D

If you haven't played Richmond Hill I would give it a go.

Urban Skins in downtown Asheville between Jeremy Koling, Tim Barr, Jason Light, and Matt Dollar. Believe it was $100 a hole with a $300 CTP thrown in as well.

Really good course but one thing to be aware of is the abundance of poison ivy on this course if you're highly allergic. Probably the most of any course I've ever played but it's prevalent on many of the courses in NC, especially western NC.

This past weekend with long socks and relatively good drives on most holes I managed to avoid it all except a random spot on the middle of my arm. :mad:

It can be kind of hard to find so just be aware it is pretty much at the very back of a neighborhood.

cool guys thanks, looks like i have my answer. looks like it might be above my skill level though.

Yeah, Richmond Hill is no picnic both in terms of difficulty and poison ivy.

If you're open to driving (or you're not staying directly in Asheville), Black Mountain has a nice, easier course east of Asheville and Haywood Community College has a nice course west of Asheville.

Black Mountain is a fun little course, nothing to challenging and the back nine is all open but done well. Owen High Nature course is a nice 9 holer right next to it so you could play both of those in a real short amount of time.

Richmond Hill is definitely the king of the area, amazing mountain course that will definitely challenge your accuracy and fitness. Mars Hill is like 12 miles north o Richmond Hill and it's a solid course as well.

I played Richmond Hill when i was there on buisness a few months ago, amazing course, definitley where you want to play in Asheville.

I'm going to Fontana DGC in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait. It's about 2 hours from Asheville, though.

Fontana is a great course. I played it for the first time two weeks ago and loved it. Make the trip worthwhile and play 2 rounds.

We did the Asheville roadtrip a couple of years ago. Richmond Hill was very impressive, but Mars Hill was nothing to write home about. The real Crown Jewel of that area is an hour and a half up the road.