• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Avery and Brodie trick shots

cubby aces don't count :rolleyes:
that was pretty friggin epic. double field goals FTW...

If I made a whole bunch of kick ass videos of sweet trick shots, I would make sure to act as modest as possible and tone down the enthusiasm so I didn't appear to be a douche to people on an Internet forum.

lol.....beauty of opinions....guess I didn't realize there was such a Brody Fanboyz club here. Imagine if I had said I though Avery seemed like a dbag.....lol

I am one of the enthusiastic D-bags too.

I thought the video was great, I like all of Brodie's trick shot vids. I don't understand why people think he's a tool..

He's prolly trying over an over an over to hit some of those shots, the guy can't be excited?!

I've reconsidered my dbag theory support. Think about it; we've all agreed that these shots must take a ton of tries before he hits them. After trying to hit something like that for what could be hours for all we know, anyone would freak out. We're just seeing all his successes rolled into one, so he appears to be a dink that overreacts to something that he makes look way easier than it is. Edit - Man I'm slow. Pretty much what Nikel said but wordy

The double FG shot looked to be about a 450' throw or so. I'd honestly guess it was an eagle for avery. On those basketball hoop shots, I'm surprised avery's disc didn't go straight through the backboard, especially the indoor plexi ones.

That's a lot of fun to watch, I love seeing stuff like this that can be exciting and interesting to watch for non-disc golfers.

Not sure I'd call them d-bags, but I do find it a bit arrogant that they call themselves gods in the title of the video.

After making a vid with my son and seeing the crazy amount of tries some shots take, I'm surprised he can be that high energy. The other day I spotted a shot and nailed it first try before my wife turned the camera on. After that it must have taken a billion tries to hit it again. I was super stoked to hit it but didn't have the energy left for a Brodie style celebration. :p

I am now taking my son out and putting his huge arm to good use by trying to see if he can nail the double field goal shot.

I'm cool with Brodie's energy. I know a lot of guys like that and it is more the showman coming out of them than anything else. And Brodie is a good showman. All of it was really impressive on both ends.

The only thing I feel weird about is that Avery keeps running around saying Disc Golf World Champion. That was 3 years ago now, I just find it a bit odd. But still, he is a killer skilled dude.

The only thing I feel weird about is that Avery keeps running around saying Disc Golf World Champion. That was 3 years ago now, I just find it a bit odd.
Lots of people continue to call themselves "doctor" decades after they get the degree. Avery earned this for life! :)

Lots of people continue to call themselves "doctor" decades after they get the degree.

...that is a horrible comparison. Doctors go through a process to receive a continuing title. Especially in the medical profession they have to go through continuous recertification or a regular basis. And no one of them is the Doctor champion where only one of them can call themselves that

For something with a championship you have to keep winning it to keep calling yourself that...

Avery earned this for life! :)

He earned it for 2009...

President Clinton still gets referred to as President.

If Avery said he's THE world champion.. I'd take offense. If he said he's A world champion, I'd agree.

He was merely called "disc golf world champion" without specifying THE or A. I'd let it slide.

Avery won Worlds therefor he's a world champion. They keep pushing that to help emphasize the disc golf part of the video. One of the things these videos accomplish is to bring attention to disc sports and they do it in a fun way.

Brodie's enthusiasm is probably somewhat necessary for these videos to work. It's just like a slam dunk contest or the "Jackass" movies. If the participants aren't high energy it just isn't as fun to watch. If he was all apathetic about making those shots it wouldn't seem as cool. Plus he's either celebrating making a shot after a few dozen attempts or celebrating not having to take a few dozen attempts to make the shot.