• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs (Official Thread)

Imagine what would've happened if they'd put all their eggs into one basket...

Branding isn't why the auto industry is struggling. Substandard quality vehicles and a lack of ability to anticipate the changing market is.

Maybe they should have made a better car instead of a slightly different looking fender or bumper.

Lmao at the outrage, accusations of fanboyism, preachiness, claims of indifference, fanboyism, put downs and other assorted ugliness in this thread, and especially the other axiom thread.

Just wow people. You throw plastic discs at chain baskets. Hee hee hee. Religious fanatics could learn some lessons here.

yeah, no matter how you slice it . . . it's underwhelming. we already have a stable tangent. it's called the axis (probably why it's called the alias) . . . or anode/ion, depending on what you like to throw. and stable/overstable reminds me of the ion. if it's somehow slower, that's cool. but i do not see any real separation or great complements based strictly on the descriptions given. we will have to wait and see. so far i just envision a disc similar to the axis albeit maybe slower? and a disc similar to the ion albeit slower.

Doe anyone else think the Axis is a stable tangent? :confused: I wanna try the overstable putter as the ION is not stable enough for some shots. This is something I have been waiting for.:clap:

I don't care if they split off. I'm a big fan of Millennium....

The color thing I can go without. Discs aren't toys, they are sports equipment! That's what the NAICS codes say. Makes MVP look more like a beginner disc company than before. Maybe that's why they split off...... But it comes down to personal opinion.

The only thing I might do is buy the same color overmold and core so people have to guess what I'm throwing!

Before any real information: "omg, this is going to be the best thing ever"

After all information is out: "meh, that kinda sucked"

Maybe the brorhers split up and rhis is going to be mvp versus axiom war!? Kidding aside, bit of let down, I don't care about different colors and the discs doesn't sound interesting.

But it makes sense that they are probably going to have two separate lines which can be used to form a solid bag. Unless they just keep making slow speed stuff.

The more I think about this the more it makes sense. They're trying the 'Trilogy' thing, diversifying their products into different brands. I think the Envy and Alias are, for all intents and purposes, the Ion and Axis respectively. MVP's just attempting to expand.

That said it doesn't seem as good a move as it might on paper. One would think they'd at least want to introduce a new line of plastic if this were the case, or re-tool the image. Axiom Discs' page looks exactly the same as MVP and the plastics are the same, so what this really looks like is just...MVP with colors. It's a bit odd.

Doe anyone else think the Axis is a stable tangent? :confused: I wanna try the overstable putter as the ION is not stable enough for some shots. This is something I have been waiting for.:clap:!

I explained a little more later in the post-basically a slower axis=a more stable tangent.straight with hardly any fade at the end... maaaaaybe a vector, thought i doubt it. probably similar to the atlas. Of course this is all guesswork. The axis is pretty point and shoot, more stable than the tangent, hence the reasoning.

Last edited:
MVP is a distributer. they make discs. its in their benefit to make many discs. new companies/brand allow for more distribution and sales avenues. Its why some companies have multiple and SE/LE lines of plastic runs or molds also. Not that odd at all.

I'm with those saying they wish MVP had filled out their lineup first. I'm hoping either 1) this was hype to get Axiom "out there" and they're going right back to MVP discs shortly, or 2) they've hugely expanded their production capacity to adequately manage developments and production of two full lines.

And I just want my flippin' distance driver.

"The Teams at Axiom Discs & MVP Disc Sports"

Richardson bros and some new people (investor/designer...) in "Teams"? However it is plus to see this team(s) expanding. 2014 is going to be exciting year!

Latest posts