• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I really would like to have a better camera for my profile pics. My phone does an alright job, but it would be nice to have something that doesn't require a flash to produce something that isn't really grainy. I'm just not going to spend the money on a decent camera for snapping profile pics though.

Lamps and bright sunny windows to your back make great lights and should help your problem if your phone takes good pictures.

Finally got back out to the field to throw the Envy again after a few days of downpour. The quality that stands out to me the most is how resistant it is to turn, while at the same time not fading out as hard as some other overstable putters. The fade is consistent, but forward penetrating. I had a couple bad tosses where I could see wobble starting to turn the disc, but it fought out of it immediately and held the line I was going for. This is what I like most about the disc so far, it has some qualities of an overstable putter like a Rhyno, but has a less overstable finish.

I'm not sure what the Innova style flight ratings should be for the Envy, but it feels like it's on the faster side as far as putters go. Discgolfcenter.com has it at 2/3/0/1 and I think Marshall Street called it slower than the Ion, but I would put it somewhere closer to a 3 or 3.5. It felt at least as fast as my Opto Pure and at times faster. What do you guys think?

This Envy is at least 2.5 fade on innova scale from what i can tell, i have not throw it very far yet because of the snow up to the knees around here but was able to toss it a few times down the road about 150-200 or so feet, it is quite a bit more stable than an ion. Maybe i need to wait till i can throw it 250+ before i judge but at least for shorter approaches this is going to be a great park job disc.. it wouldn't replace the ion i have grown to love for any kind of putting duties but i can throw one in the bag for shorter drives and approaches in general, especially on windy days.

Got some more throws in with this and I'm mixed with it. I LOVE the ion but this disc feels much better in the hand. It just seems a bit overstable for me. It wants to resist snapping flat and riding straight. It wants to hold the line you release it on. Which if that's what you want more power to you. But I release everything on a bit of a hyzer (nothing huge) but unless thrown with 300' power it doesn't want to flip flat. But for approaches since it holds it's line you can place this sucker really well!

I would love to see a slightly less stable version of this... In the mean time I am going to try to beat this sucker in and see what happens.

Do you guys think it will lose it's lss or hss first? Or has anyone done anything crazy to break theirs in yet? If so how's it throw?

Got some more throws in with this and I'm mixed with it. I LOVE the ion but this disc feels much better in the hand. It just seems a bit overstable for me. It wants to resist snapping flat and riding straight. It wants to hold the line you release it on. Which if that's what you want more power to you. But I release everything on a bit of a hyzer (nothing huge) but unless thrown with 300' power it doesn't want to flip flat. But for approaches since it holds it's line you can place this sucker really well!

I would love to see a slightly less stable version of this... In the mean time I am going to try to beat this sucker in and see what happens.

Do you guys think it will lose it's lss or hss first? Or has anyone done anything crazy to break theirs in yet? If so how's it throw?

MVP typically loses it's LSS first then loses it's HSS way down the road

On another note, GOOD FREAKING LORD, for the past literally almost a year I have been searching for a low profile putter that isn't too over stable with glide that fits perfectly in my hand. Thank you axiom I have found that putter, so much so I have 4 envies. This disc can do almost everything i need it to...if it came in soft neutron and was just a notch or two less stable I would have the perfect putting putter. But this disc drives like a mid when powered up (almost like a suspect) handles headwinds great, is a great upshot disc that is very predictable and a long putt disc where i like to throw rather than putt. I freaking love the envy and the alias and can't wait to see where it takes the axiom line up!

Got my first throws with it. Really nice for driving. Now i wish rhyno like glideless companion to it.

damn you guys and this thread... reading how much people liked it for a driving putter just made me drive to discgolfcenter (in town for work) and buy an envy...

I agree with most here. A lower-profile, stable putter was what I was looking for and the Envy just feels perfect. I've yet to get it out on the course but I can't wait.

Disc nation has always done me right, and the envy did me super right today. Bret Hart (it's his name) is the point and shoot approach disc I've needed for awhile. The biggest surprise was how easily I putted with it today. Seemed to fly similar enough to my hard judges that I stopped bothering pulling out my judge to finish off the hole. I may just be a bit better archer than the kast time I tried putting with neutron plastic, but I didn't miss any inside thirty today!

I avoid buying from disc nation after discovering they let people test out discs and continue to sell them as new, but I might have jumped on this if I hadn't just bought one..

Paging Zam or ZJ....

Paging Zam or ZJ....

It is true that they let people test discs off the shelf. I don't know if they sell them as new or not.

The thing about ordering online is that the inventory between the store and online is different.

Latest posts