• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Still trying to figure out how the OS rumor got started. I remember pretty early on the word was that it was a driving Ion, which it is.

According to the Inbounds Flight Guide the Envy is just a shorter Zone. :\

Envy = 0 HST, 54% LSF
Zone = 0 HST, 55% LSF

Maybe that is where the comparisons began?

Attachments

• EnvyOS.jpg
    EnvyOS.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 41
^Yeah, I think anyone who has thrown both discs recently could tell you that wasn't the case. I would also postulate that the Zone has more than 55% LSF.

Thrown with hyzer, I can cover about the same lines with my envy that I would throw with my zone. However, thrown flat, the Envy goes much farther before the fade kicks in. Also, if thrown on a longer hyzer line, the Envy will glide farther. Not that it makes the zone useless, because thrown with anhyzer, the zone will definitely fight back out while an Envy sticks to that line for most of the flight. But, on short hyzers, I can see the similarities.

According to the Inbounds Flight Guide the Envy is just a shorter Zone. :\

Envy = 0 HST, 54% LSF
Zone = 0 HST, 55% LSF

Maybe that is where the comparisons began?

I'm gonna suggest MVP/Axiom officially disavow inbounds as a flight reference. It's never a good comparison IMO. Every time someone brings up a "but inbounds.." it's gotta be debunked.

I'm gonna suggest MVP/Axiom officially disavow inbounds as a flight reference. It's never a good comparison IMO. Every time someone brings up a "but inbounds.." it's gotta be debunked.

You mean a flight chart is as pointless as a company's flight ratings? I just don't believe it.

:clap::thmbup::hfive: with sooooo many discs yet people use it like gospel.

Inbouds is like a weather forecast model. Always changing/updating but rarely ever accurate.

I think part of the problem with Inbounds I'd their own testing is not keeping up with the addition of new molds, yet they continue to add those molds to their charts. As time goes on there's a larger percentage of discs on there that are inaccurate as a result.

Inbounds is a decent tool, but can be misleading if you take it at face value too often.

Indeed. I have one Envy that has already developed some turn. Its the one I posted about earlier that was getting some huge dings and gashes after hitting nothing. But thrown with just a touch of hyzer and it is no longer noticeable.

so it lost it's HSS... did it also lose it's LSS too? So does it turn with no fade? Or does it still finish left?

Reason i ask is because I'm wanting to know how it breaks in...

Just got my envy in the mail late yesterday. I know a lot of people are excited for the driving capability, and I am as well, but this is going in as my putter putter. I don't know what it is about this putter but it just seems to be the one for me. Maybe its the shallower rim, not sure. It looks and feels almost like a mid in my hand. Either way its just feels perfect when putting. Great disc.:thmbup:

No drives yet, but we'll see tomorrow.

Just gonna throw this out there

FWIW I contribute to inbounds flight ratings and I think they do an awesome job overall, but sometimes you'll notice oddities like this. The owner of the site is very responsive to people pointing these things out, he really cares about making the most useful flight chart he can.

FWIW I contribute to inbounds flight ratings and I think they do an awesome job overall, but sometimes you'll notice oddities like this. The owner of the site is very responsive to people pointing these things out, he really cares about making the most useful flight chart he can.

Inbounds is so full of oddities I don't even bother looking at their site.

I'm sure they care.
It's too big a can of worms to write off entire ratings outlets. Glad more people are doing it nowdays.

Problem is that one line on a graph isnt how that disc will fly for everyone.

Besides, MVP has their own graph.. why would you go to a 3rd party when you can get it from the source?

chart_envy.png

why would you go to a 3rd party when you can get it from the source?
Because the source isn't going to show you how disc A compares against disc B unless its made by the same company.

I have yet to see a flight chart, either by a manufacturer or third party, that demonstrated how a disc will fly that worked as well as my own eyes.

Latest posts