• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I have to admit I'm struggling with this statement a little, but maybe it's my lack of 'trigger time' with the Tensor.

They are similar discs in that they excel at flights which are straight with a late fade. As they get used they stay nice and straight with a lot of HSS as the LSS diminishes. The tensor is a slow mid and envy is a fast putter.

Not sure what trigger time means but yes given your power level there could be a bigger difference but IMO the tensor is not a SUPER OS mid at all and even holds a turn to the ground like the envy will if forced over.

Don't over think it lol.

I could never be settled with Anodes and Ions in the same bag because they felt too similar. The Envy on the other hand is complimenting my Anode perfectly. It has been such money on 150-200' standstill approaches for me, especially into/across the wind where my Anode could get an airbounce/get slowed. I throw flat and straight and the Envy just slices right through the wind with a dead neutral line until the fade kicks in late.

Well I, for one, think Tensors and Envies are nothing alike. I finally took the Tensor out of the bag. I love the disc but I was only using it for one shot, on one course. Great disc though.

As for the Envy: I shanked a shot yesterday with my Proton, skipped it off a parking lot and slammed it into a taxi. Not a scratch. I know I was pretty vocal about my experiences with the Neutrons and their physical wear, but so far my Proton ia bulletproof. Just one minor scuff on the flight plate, and thats from a dinger off a pole on an ace run. I have noticed no difference in flight between my Proton and fresh Neutrons.

This disc is just money.

I would disagree, but that's why it's your opinion. :)

Before the envy came out... did you not think of a tensor as a short approach disc with great HSS? Its not a drone and the envy isn't a zone.

They are cousins for sure. Specially when you throw a tensor over 250'

At least give some background on your disagreement lol.

They are similar discs in that they excel at flights which are straight with a late fade. As they get used they stay nice and straight with a lot of HSS as the LSS diminishes. The tensor is a slow mid and envy is a fast putter.

Not sure what trigger time means but yes given your power level there could be a bigger difference but IMO the tensor is not a SUPER OS mid at all and even holds a turn to the ground like the envy will if forced over.

Don't over think it lol.

I hear you. By 'trigger time' I just meant that I haven't thrown the Tensor much, just never clicked with it.

At least give some background on your disagreement lol.

Nah. I like keeping is short and simple. How about I just say "You're wrong." :p

I'll give you that they are cousins.

The Tensor is a midrange, and the Envy, while longer than some putters, is still a putter. But stability sets them apart more than length.

I think that a fresh Ion and Envy are closer in stability than a fresh Tensor and Envy. The Tensor definitely has more LSS, even though it comes in late.

The Tensor never liked riding really flat for me...I would get a lot more D with the same effort if I put a touch of anny on it (at any range)...For me that is the main difference between it and the Vector (which likes riding flat and straight before the fade).

The Envy is more along the lines of most MVP's discs that love to lock into a flat/level flight, and it is more likely to get away from me if I try and throw it with some anny than the Tensor.

So for me they are quite different. The Envy is filling the role that I hoped the Tensor would, but really didn't.

The Tensor is a really interesting disc. I have a feeling if you really grew with the Tensor when you first got into disc golf it would be a tough disc to swap out. The Buzzz/Roc/Vector type of disc just happens to be what I grooved with first and I've never been able to get away...Tensor feels a bit alien.

When you say the Envy is filling the role you hoped the Tensor would have, is that because the tensor was too OS or slow/fast? I guess the tensor was pretty much what I expected but didn't really need to begin with so was already trying to "fit" one in when it came out..

The Tensor was too fast for what I was needing. Over the years I think I've kept my bag steady (despite wild mold changes) by a muscle memory slot-based template of speed/glide/ranges of discs. Most new discs I can quickly compartmentalize into one of my mental disc golf slots and then use successfully after working out the nuances. The Tensor didn't fit into one of my long established slots. It always felt a little alien to me on the course.

Pretty much same experience here. The thing about the inertia I am more excited to test on the course is the fact that I noticed last year I need a disc which is a faster understable but not warp speed. Right now I am missing a disc which will stand up on a roller little easier than volt and longer (specially with tailwinds where accuracy is important). I've also started playing around with the skymahawk or whatever the hell you want to call it basically backhand shot that fly's like a thumber/Tomahawk and really curious to see how it responds to those shots.

I think the Envy is what I have been searching for. I'm about 85% FH but don't really like flicking putters off the tee because they never felt comfortable to me. The Envy is different. It is the first putter that feels good in the hand. It definitely has the chance to be a game changer for me.

Anybody using the proton as their main putter? just picked one up and might give my neutron a run for it's money

I like putting with soft P, it's what initially got me into the MVP discs (in spite fo the fact that when I first started seeing them I thought they were goofy as hell.) I could see putting with Soft Envys either way...except the reason I switched putting from Ions to Anodes was, once my putting range started to put a bit further out, I liked having the slightly less fade from the Anode at the outside part of my range.

I too, took the tensor out of the bag, because my noodle arm can't really make it do what it should. I love the envy right now. What an awesome OS driving putter. The ion flys dead straight with a slight fade while this one is what I need in a head wind and some close shots where the ion often will hang and over shoot the basket. The envy will be my main approach that is evident. Great for headwind putting too.

Great disc so far.

For me ions have been in and out of my bag since the anode came out. The anode scooted the ion out of my circle putter slot pretty quickly. The envy has scooted it out for approaches and drives. I'll probably keep a couple ions for nostalgic purposes cause it's the first MVP disc but I don't see it making the cut any longer and I'm not sad one bit! The envy is what I wanted the ion to be but way more consistent. I can toss the envy with everything I have and know it's holding the line.

The Envy works really well on slight nose up hyzers...A shot that I use my Anode on, only it doesn't really fade. The Envy will float straight and then bite hard. I'm starting to appreciate some of the uniqueness of this disc. You can power it with the nose flat or down or you can float it with the nose up. I've been driving putters for 10+ years and there aren't many other discs (if any) out there that can do this so well.

My first drive with a 174 P Envy was an attempt at long anny where I'd used an Aviar Driver in the past and the Envy just popped up flat and went straight 300'. I actually was more impressed than if I'd hit the line I expected. Great HSS for a driving putter without needing hard fade. Instantly bagged.