• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

If price is an issue, then I might agree..

and to even go off this a little-- price wise you are paying for a disc which will last much, much longer in its purchased condition let alone "beat-in" .. I have never warped a MVP disc even trying either. So really at the price of baseline discs you surely can spend less up front but the long term cost is a wash. Even when I threw a more premium baseline plastic when latitiude had a star-ish GRIP line for their putters you still had to cycle them and specially the driving putter.

Still on my first 2 soft N ions and received a 3rd run opaque from MikeC that was "used" but you wouldn't know it outside of some black scuffs on the white disc.

#PremiPutters4LYFE :p

My first Ion, the 175g blue used in the Arboretum Ions video, still has 0 for HSS. I've had Wizards turn into -1 HSS in one bad tree hit, and broke one in half before. Recently tested a Classic Judge, and 5 holes in it had high speed turn and lost a lot of its fade for shots over 200'.

^nothing worse than that when you like driving putters and even longer upshots.. its why I was happy when I found pures as they were significantly better but by the time opto came out I had met the Ion :D

^nothing worse than that when you like driving putters and even longer upshots.. its why I was happy when I found pures as they were significantly better but by the time opto came out I had met the Ion :D

What originally sold me on the Ion was availability & distance.

I had an evo Wizard that was flatter than any other Wizard and felt just like FLX plastic. Never found another one like it, even to this day.

Saw a stack of Ions that were board flat and felt just as nice as that gummy evo plastic at a local shop. Immediately bought one to test.

Threw it off the tee and instead of my usual ~340' of D with the Wizard, I was hitting 375'.

Went back the next day and bought more Ions, then made that video with em.

Former ultimate player?

Yes ... as a former high school teacher I've played Ultimate for years. Earlier this summer my son was introduced to DG by his cousins and he begged me to play. So we have been doing daily fieldwork and only playing a round at the course once or twice a week. The fieldwork is paying off for both of us.

You know what doesn't need to break in to have great grip? BASELINE PUTTERS

I bought a DX Aviar when I started that I have thoroughly beat in. Nice and grippy that flies really well. The problem is that the neighbor kid asked if he could play too and I was happy to show him the ropes and have him join in. As I went to grab the something he put my putter and my son's Roc through a chain-link fence before I could stop him. :wall: So I need a new putter.

I was able to pick up a great soft proton Ion and Anode in the marketplace and have been throwing just those when we do play a round of DG. Fantastic discs. I just returned a few minutes ago giving the Envy a go. All I can say is wow! :clap: Approach and putting I found it very controllable and that is without spending any time with it. I'm looking forward to getting to know this mold even more.

My classic judges have always been ruined for HSS in 1-2 rounds. That's why I quit on them

Maybe its just me but all Judges i have (all plastics) are flippy off the tee.

I own both and they fly the same.
I third this.
I have 2 neutrons (173g) and 1 proton (168g) and they all fly the same. My newest neutron is the most fluorescent yellow color I have ever seen in a disc, i wish every disc I owned looked like that.

*For the record, I'm not h8ing on MVP. I just think I newer player probably should use a baseline putter and develop some technique before trying and seeing if he likes premo.

He did also say that he has no problem with the soft P, which is the best option for putting MVP, IMO. Nothing like N.

So how about an understable version of the Envy?

Ummmm, this! I don't mind repeating myself on this one, I already call it the Covet. If they come out with an Envy with a tic of turn and no fade...let's just say it'll be the most excited a guy's been over a piece of plastic since:

:hfive:

Well, I finally got an envy back in June but haven't been golfing for the last 6 or 7 weeks till last night.

Love the Envy. Just what the doctor ordered. For me it's much easier to grip for a drive than my Anodes. It putts well enough but the shape of the Anode fills my hand better in a putting grip so I will be sticking with them.

If I didn't love throwing other MVP molds so much it wouldbe hard to not go down to 4 molds or so with this disc taking the lion's share of the throws.