• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

ive been trying to use a pair of watermelon envys as putting putters but im not adjusting well from my soft n ions. i should probably play some envy only rounds and get them a bit worn in, but its definitely off pudding.

why switch?

Wondering if some pavement slider throws would beat this proton in faster. I'd like to knock off some of the LSS. Otherwise, great disc.
The LSS will get less with normal use, unless you throw it pretty high or without much speed, as in a finesse upshot. I got a new Neutron a couple weeks ago and that's when I realized how much LSS my other two had lost. Then again I play at least 5 times a week and its usually two rounds each day. I've had my other two since they were released. My arm hurts:)

Anybody pairing these with an anode for more finesse approaches?

i did.

the thing is that the anode has gobs of HSS as well. they are both very versatile putters, but there needs to be a slightly understable disc to truly complement the envy to its full potential. either that or beat the **** outta your anode.

i wound up ditching the envy and keeping the anode. now they're both gone in favor of dat base plastic.

Yeah I'm hoping for axiom's next release to be a slightly understable putter with a similar feel to the envy

Got a chance to play with muh new 'Melon. Thought it was slightly less overstable than my N Ion, which is what I was looking for. Good for those approaches in between mid and putter as well as long putts (long for me is like 15-25 ft). Had a couple throws that kind of caught on my fingers but I do like how solid it feels in my hand. Once I get it beat in a little more (however long that takes :thmbup:) , I'll probably use it more as a longer approach. Definitely approve of the stamp as well :D

Last edited:
this disc is sneeeaaaaky long off the tee. had one slip out of my grip a little on release, looked like it was about 35-50 short, walk up and it's pretty much parked. had this little guy along for two rounds only so this might be an early call, but, it might replace my destroyers.

Yeah I'm hoping for axiom's next release to be a slightly understable putter with a similar feel to the envy

That would be great. My short game now is Zone, Envy, Spike. I was doing Zone, Envy, Shaman, but the Shaman beat in really fast and became hard for me to control (requiring perfect nose and hyzer angle and power to get a decent shot) where the Spike seems to just go where I want no matter what I do so far. Not sure how the zero hard plastic will season though and sounds like the gold line would overlap too much with my Envy. Either way, I'd fill that spot an understable Envy in a second (or a beat to hell base line Envy :) ).

Could you just fill the under stable putter slot with an anode?

Yeah, the Anode is really more neutral than US...but the other difference is the rim underside/gripping areas. Envy's a totally different feel than the Anode/Ion core.

Something a bit more US than the Anode, Envy core.

I'd second that. To get an Anode US takes a few months of heavy use at the very least. Shame I lost my most beat S Anode at Oak Ledges before I moved :/

They pair nicely with the Envy either way though. I'm actually carrying Credo / Envy / Ion right now for my driving putters and it's working out nicely. Even though the Ion has more fade than the Anode, it's still a good deal more neutral than a fresh Envy.

Latest posts