• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I'm not sure how you can't like this disc. Definitely takes the spotlight away from the Alias which is also an amazing disc. Shot an 8 under at my local course on Thursday with an all Axiom bag. 5 discs in the Nutsac. -5 was my previous best. Lovin me some colored overmolds

Firm and perky looks better in a sundress but melons are more fun to play with. And yes it is amazing. When I look in my Nutsac I see that Axiom is crowding out MVP. My eclipse tangent is feeling bullied. Give me a stupid understable mid and she will be out.

I'e been riding my bike to a lot of courses lately, and my "only what I need, nothing I don't" setup has included a pair of Envy's.

165 S N Envy - Putts
175 P Envy - Drives & ups.
175 Eclipse S Ion - More neutral drives & ups
178 Eclipse P Axis - Beat, slightly understable line shaper
175 N Crave - Straight bombs
171 N Inspire - Seasoned, understable control driver
175 P Inertia - Slightly understable distance
175 N Tesla - Slightly overstable distance

Yeah my 163 and 175 Envy combo is working great. With a 175 tangent the short game is covered. I used to carry 7 putters.

Are you guys with light/heavy all doing what mike is? Light Envy for Putts and heavy for drives/upshots?

I'm just always so suspicious of heavy stuff for drives due to my arm speed. I'm a 150 class driver. That having been said, I can't imagine a 175 P acting all that different than my 171 P. On the other hand, I was hoping to have a little less stability and an easier time beating the fade out with the light N.

Maybe I'll just throw a P for some skidders on the pavement.

Allmost all of my drivers are 150ish. Shorter discs though don't matter so much. Im trying to putt with my heavy Envy because not so touchy and wind and stuff.

I got a 168g Ion as my first putter and I was told I needed a heavier weight for putting so I got a 173g Anode and didn't really notice a big difference. I have settled on a 170g Envy as my putting putter. For me it's the perfect balance of weight vs. ease of glide on putts with or without wind.

I find 7-10g to make a small difference in some putters with 20-25g being pretty obvious but ions in a lighter weight vs a 173g anode is going to be pretty much the same disc really outside of feel and some small flight differences. I always liked a little heavier putter but tend to use my lighter one for longer puts. A lot probably has to do with your style of putting too. 170g is a good weight though for everything really. Always liked faster drivers in that range.

I really like 165-170 for drivers, 170-175 for mids and driving putters. I guess I'm getting off topic now so: ENVY=Awesome!!!

Just added a new 175 P to my beat to crap 170 N. Freaking awesome combo. The beat up N is starting to be an actual line shaper, gorgeous controlled annys (but still no turn/flip.) It's starting to turn into one of those 65% of all my shots are with one of these two.

That is all.

So I think I need an envy. Have a chief, but it is already losing its fade. Want something shallow but that maintains its hss and lss for longer. Envy sounds like my disc.

Latest posts