• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

No bueno?

Not a fan, I'm hoping someone tells me a happy tale of a broken in one but I'm not holding my breath.

Essentially it has all the stability and extra fade and with the light weight you can't cheat it too much without worrying about turning it. It also doesn't fly as far.... Generally.

Finally gave the Envy another chance. I had a 168g Plasma some years ago and didn't like it and then threw a 175g Electron Hard that I got in a players pack like twice before giving it away.

Got a 175g Neutron Soft the other day and have been trying it out. Parked a very tricky, low ceiling, turnover hole 3 times in a row with it and have been using it a bit for straight to fade 200-250' bh upshots and straight 150-200' fhs. Loving it so far, feels great between a Proxy and something like a Harp.

Not a fan, I'm hoping someone tells me a happy tale of a broken in one but I'm not holding my breath.

Essentially it has all the stability and extra fade and with the light weight you can't cheat it too much without worrying about turning it. It also doesn't fly as far.... Generally.

I have not had this experience at all. I mean, yes, it can turn over into a stiff headwind, and it will hold an anny a little better than a max weight Fizzy, but both my 154g and 174g Fizzy Envies go far. They're definitely my furthest flying Envies, other than maybe my PP Soft N that's got some magical glide attached to it somehow, and they still at least keep up with it.

Anyway, other than the fact that Fission plastic is trash and super slick and awful, I'm a big fan of the 154g Fizzy Envy. I like it for putting especially, where I'm a little more confident with it from 30-50' than with the 174g one.

I have not had this experience at all. I mean, yes, it can turn over into a stiff headwind, and it will hold an anny a little better than a max weight Fizzy, but both my 154g and 174g Fizzy Envies go far. They're definitely my furthest flying Envies, other than maybe my PP Soft N that's got some magical glide attached to it somehow, and they still at least keep up with it.

Anyway, other than the fact that Fission plastic is trash and super slick and awful, I'm a big fan of the 154g Fizzy Envy. I like it for putting especially, where I'm a little more confident with it from 30-50' than with the 174g one.

I dunno, I feel like it might break into something but I also feel like the 155 fission envy is unnatural and missing some gyro effect. Everything seems exaggerated, the turn, the fade. It is one of the most stable and least stable at the same time but not straight. There's a lot of envy I can use for that spot, or an Ohm, or a glitch. Honestly I don't know what I assumed it would do but I feel like "stable glitch" was the hope.

I hate it for putting especially, between the slick fission, the higher dome/shoulder and the flashing. Haha. :D one man's trash.....

In other news my 167 L2 JC wayfarer envy are breaking in to amazingly straight after a year. They have surpassed my PP PFN plasmas for tunnel shooting (well 6 or 7 of the 10) other than ash envy and the yardbox twins.

I've almost broken in a soft electron backup 174g I figure another month or so and I will shelve it and move another one into the yardbox, it's buddy is about 3-4 months away. I guess that steel roof hit and lighter weld actually did more good than bad. Looked tragic at the time. The JC L2 N are still straighter, like zero fade straight I think I got em all at the same time.

Last edited:
Sooooo no one else crushing on the OTB proton soft envy?!!?

I've been getting the urge to buy something and magically from a few months back the last otb proton soft envy in Canada shows up in the mail. I know its the last, I procrastinated too long and missed the release, scrounged one up thru a semi reputable looking seller, followed up, was thinking about following up again yesterday. Bam just like Christmas.

What an envy!! Talk about broken in out of the box, less fade than a soft neutron and a little extra glide! .. almost as much as electron. Feels great, putts a little high and glidey less fade, approaches like a dream.

Hey wait, those are prisms...

Prism, Soft, Protons.... holy balls.. they did it, they really did it. They found a way to make a better envy. (Assuming you like em less stable)

Those prism plasmas were wonky, this is almost "yard envy" territory here folks. :D

Last edited:

I've been getting the urge to buy something and magically from a few months back the last otb proton soft envy in Canada shows up in the mail. I know its the last, I procrastinated too long and missed the release, scrounged one up thru a semi reputable looking seller, followed up, was thinking about following up again yesterday. Bam just like Christmas.

What an envy!! Talk about broken in out of the box, less fade than a soft neutron and a little extra glide! .. almost as much as electron. Feels great, putts a little high and glidey less fade, approaches like a dream.

Prism, Soft, Protons.... holy balls.. they did it, they really did it. They found a way to make a better envy. (Assuming you like em less stable)

Those prism plasmas were wonky, this is almost "yard envy" territory here folks. :D

I had one and, more or less, those are the reasons I didn't keep it in my bag. It encroached too close on the proxy and beat up envy I carry. It is sweet for that 'beat out of the box' deal you are talking about. But I really want that 3 3 0 2 when I buy an envy not the 3 3 0 1 this one was. Heck I even had a little unexpected turnover into a headwind and that is where I really had to just hang it up.

I love the look of all of the new Envies, but haven't had call to buy one yet. I got a ton of Electron Softs cheap in the wake of the holy shot over production and am still going through those.

Snagged a sick birdie on a 270ft peninsula hole last night!

I don't blame you, I feel that way about my prism plasma.. kind of. It makes a nice putter because of the short distance fade but a bad driver because of the turn that activates suddenly. The proton prism makes a great approach driver but i will be a little hesitant to use it for short in circle putts. I did nail some 50-70' last night where I'd reach for the glitch or an electron envy usually.

I guess the proton is just more understable in the way I expect, the Plasma was always like Surprise! You threw me hard enough to turn and not come back! Or.. Surprise! Not hard enough chump, I'm fading into the toolies

I will be curious to see how the proton does in cooler winter/fall Temps.

I don't blame you, I feel that way about my prism plasma.. kind of. It makes a nice putter because of the short distance fade but a bad driver because of the turn that activates suddenly. The proton prism makes a great approach driver but i will be a little hesitant to use it for short in circle putts. I did nail some 50-70' last night where I'd reach for the glitch or an electron envy usually.

I guess the proton is just more understable in the way I expect, the Plasma was always like Surprise! You threw me hard enough to turn and not come back! Or.. Surprise! Not hard enough chump, I'm fading into the toolies

Have you tried one of the OTB glow ones? They look pretty sick.

I love the look of all of the new Envies, but haven't had call to buy one yet. I got a ton of Electron Softs cheap in the wake of the holy shot over production and am still going through those.

Snagged a sick birdie on a 270ft peninsula hole last night!

Nice bird!

I like the electron soft for the cycle, they keep the stability and fade for quite a while, the eclipse electron firms I've had are nice out of the box but I'm worried about breaking them in too far. I suspect they may become flippy faster.

I got an otb glow, feels nice, haven't thrown it.. been throwing a proto glow dyed grinch that's really soft. Very straight out of the box.

Last edited:

Interesting, I have been throwing a Prism Plasma as my return to Envys disc and it's reliably overstable - will even come back on long flexes

Interesting, I have been throwing a Prism Plasma as my return to Envys disc and it's reliably overstable - will even come back on long flexes

Fair enough. I'm glad it's working out for you, any Envy is good.

What I like about the proton prism is that the hss and lss are more in line and less stable all around.

Prism plasma was relatively stable for me on a flat throw. First night out with it it played stable like it should, then 3rd hole across the quarry and into a light headwind it wasn't. I popped it out on a anhyzer flick and it turned and held it unlike any fresh new envy I've ever had, or an old one for that matter. Into the bush so bad it took 3 days to find it. Further experiences weren't anything special, I do like it as a putter.

I dunno I felt like the prism would make it easier to throw but it was more like a gyroless envy for me but I'm also not big on 174g envys. Seemed like it faded a lot and wasn't as turn resistant as I expect with a fade like that. If I was able to throw it flat for the shots I want or it was a 167 I'd like it more. I tend to throw touch of anhyzer and nose down to extend my envy flight. It was also the first "new" plasma I had owned so compared to my 10 or so pp plasma it was a letdown. Haha. Glad I got the mega stack of pp pfn. Heck probably first or second runs of plasma, that stuff is amazing all year long good grip in any condition

Thanks Artemisclydfr0g and your lithium battery box! Haha, it got lost at the border with 6 or 7 of them 167 plasmas for months. He was going to put in for the insurance and I was putting it off saying Canada is weird let's wait, etc. Tracking disappeared, he felt bad, good dude by the way.... So I panicked and bought three or four 167's from MST and a day or two later he got them back. You can't ship lithium batteries (or a box labeled as such) cross border haha. He repacked and tossed in a Mayhem for my troubles and the rest is history.

I changed my name and went full gyro insane. :D

Last edited:
Has anyone thrown those OTB glow ones? Now I'm curious.

It's always just a matter of time before I throw every se.

I kinda forgot about that, hmmmm I kinda wonder what else was in there. I think that's where my backup eclipse uplink is. I stashed it in the shop out of shame for buying another box of discs. Best to bring em in one at a time haha.

So it seems like one of these would be my flavor of Envy then, since I feel like mine (Eclipse from Gyro 2022) flies more like a seasoned Zone than a main throwing putter for mortals. Maybe I'll grab an Electron the next time I place an order (likely going to have to grab another R2 Glitch too, regular Glitches bend too easy and are too unpredictable for me).

Has anyone thrown those OTB glow ones? Now I'm curious.

It's always just a matter of time before I throw every se.

I kinda forgot about that, hmmmm I kinda wonder what else was in there. I think that's where my backup eclipse uplink is. I stashed it in the shop out of shame for buying another box of discs. Best to bring em in one at a time haha.

I've got one. Flies like an envy as best I can tell. I like it better than the soft proton because it at least seems to carry more stability and hasn't unexpectedly flipped on me. It's nice in the woods to absorb the tree shots...I think at least...sometimes getting a good tree kick can be beneficial. But I am also having another bout of uncertainty wondering if I should just replace Envys with glow Proxys...or if I should do away with all of htem and give the ohm/watt combo a try.

For the record I would totally support anyone getting a hate on for the proton soft for not being envy enough. :D

It would be kinda nice if they are making molding tweaks to put out a specific stability for a disc. I kinda feel like they are... Proton soft is least stable, then fission etc... I like that they are confident enough in their molding to stamp fission different, maybe they will drop the numbers on prism soft protons? Heck it might sell a boatload.

I really like how workable it is out of the box and how much it mirrors my most beat plasmas, that could be nice to know in an emergency.

Latest posts