• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad day

Labelkills

Birdie Member
bad day today. I lost my two favorite discs in a matter of nine holes. hole 1 at jordan creek. I throw my brand new buzz elite z off the tee, i slip and the wind picks up from the left. it soars right seemingly endlessly and disappears. never to be found. hole nine, i tee off with my 4 year old, perfectly broken in roc, about 150 feet into the flight it suddenly lifts up ten feet (it was very windy today) and hits the bottom of a branch which sends it into the very roughest part of the rough. i looked for a half an hour or so (which is way longer than i would ever look for any other disc) and gave up. completely. i just left the course. the disc golf gods hates me. i dont suspect that anyone really cares, but it makes me feel better to put it out there.

since this is a forum, i suppose i invite you to share your depressing moments. not like i really care, but it might make you feel better about them:thmbup:

brand new sweet tie dye champion destroyer. hole #18 at Horning's Hideout Meadow Ridge. Lands in middle of fairway but takes a huge skip to the left and over the big dropoff to somewhere in the creek below. funniest part (to me) was that they mowed the fairway on #18 minutes before I got there. Without the mowing, it would've stuck in the grass for sure.

Lesson: don't buy sweet tie dye discs!!

I had a pretty good one today. Found the Surge I threw into the woods today after being lost for about 4 days. Took it with me as I walked the dog, threw it and lost it on the side of the road, found it, threw it and lost it on the other side of the road, found it, threw it over into my neighbor's cow pasture with his massive overkill fence. So now my Surge is taunting me on the other side of this fence. I'm beginning to think that disc doesn't like me anymore.

bad day today. I lost my two favorite discs in a matter of nine holes. hole 1 at jordan creek. I throw my brand new buzz elite z off the tee, i slip and the wind picks up from the left. it soars right seemingly endlessly and disappears. never to be found. hole nine, i tee off with my 4 year old, perfectly broken in roc, about 150 feet into the flight it suddenly lifts up ten feet (it was very windy today) and hits the bottom of a branch which sends it into the very roughest part of the rough. i looked for a half an hour or so (which is way longer than i would ever look for any other disc) and gave up. completely. i just left the course. the disc golf gods hates me. i dont suspect that anyone really cares, but it makes me feel better to put it out there.

since this is a forum, i suppose i invite you to share your depressing moments. not like i really care, but it might make you feel better about them:thmbup:

Did you at least ink your discs? I had a friend lose my Star Wraith on the 18th hole at Jordan and I got a call from the dude that found it a week later. He dropped it off at Dodo's for me and I'm picking it up tomorrow. I also found a disc on the 17th at Jordan Creek and dropped it off at Dodo's.

If our paths cross this weekend, I have a bunch of Rocs you might be interested in (from nearly new to beat) as well as a new Buzzz or two.

bought my first disc, star shark. lime green. threw it great for two days on Michigan State's course (if you know, you know)

Anyways, play grand woods on the third day. Funny thing, thought the shark floated, so I really did get super lucky on many holes.

Regardless, threw one on a dry hole, lost it on the underbrush. I understand discing is pretty much losing a disc a month for us beginners, but losing a disc on a completely dry hole, in the brush really sucks.

Almost sucked way more today when I thought I lost my Pro 1st Run teebird, but I found it after a half an hour. Lucky since it's light blue, but either way, losing that shark REALLY bummed me out, first disc I bought and it didn't last a week.

Needless to say, I'm soon to invest in several of the same discs, just so if/when I do lose a disc, its worth it

I lost my two favorite drivers on the same hole in a tournament all in one day, two rounds before. Considering I didn't carry many discs at the time it made the rest of the round difficult.

I like when I'm playing with close friends and you can just laugh at them for it:)
I know it's mean, but seeing discs sink is one of the funniest parts of dg.
My favorite water story is when me and my bud were playing #2@ the farm, book says 452 but plays shorter. It's over water with the parking lot being the tee. As we step up, there's a car waiting. The lady asks what were doin and we explain. She's then excited to see it so I bomb one up for a gimmie. My buddy goes and plop, right in. She says, in a very sterotypical way,"ooooooo, your not that good huh?" lol
my least favorite is when I emtied almost my entire bag in front of two world champions on a water hole I usually have no problem with:(
still won my division:) and that day triggered my goal to overcome pressure:)

I lost my Flick that I've had for two years in a tournament last tuesday, ****ty thing is the Creekside Open starts tomorrow and my new Flick is not yet broken in...

bought my first disc, star shark. lime green. threw it great for two days on Michigan State's course (if you know, you know)

Anyways, play grand woods on the third day. Funny thing, thought the shark floated, so I really did get super lucky on many holes.

Regardless, threw one on a dry hole, lost it on the underbrush. I understand discing is pretty much losing a disc a month for us beginners, but losing a disc on a completely dry hole, in the brush really sucks.

Almost sucked way more today when I thought I lost my Pro 1st Run teebird, but I found it after a half an hour. Lucky since it's light blue, but either way, losing that shark REALLY bummed me out, first disc I bought and it didn't last a week.

Needless to say, I'm soon to invest in several of the same discs, just so if/when I do lose a disc, its worth it

i love my shark, if i ever lost it i would be devastated. but i dont think i will its bright orange.

I got a white SE Valk in the pond at Jordan, I'd love to get it back.

i doubt you will. so many people use golden retrievers there and keep or sell the plastic that they pull out. sorry to be a buzz kill

Did you at least ink your discs? I had a friend lose my Star Wraith on the 18th hole at Jordan and I got a call from the dude that found it a week later. He dropped it off at Dodo's for me and I'm picking it up tomorrow. I also found a disc on the 17th at Jordan Creek and dropped it off at Dodo's.

If our paths cross this weekend, I have a bunch of Rocs you might be interested in (from nearly new to beat) as well as a new Buzzz or two.

the roc has my name and number on it. but the buzz was new enough that i hadnt gotten around to marking it yet. mabye i will get luck with the roc.

I guess I will tell my core story...RIP buddy...

Latitude 64 purple core...sweet as honey, nearly flat-topped, could forearm full blast with not even a thought of turn-over, I used this thing off the tee for almost every shot.

Dateline, 8/3/2009, Ferry Park, Fort Walton Beach Florida:

Not sure what hole it is but you start in the corner of the park and drive across the field to the basket which is tucked onto a peninsula next to one of the many canals in the park. There is a largeish palm tree as a guardian to the canal.

I rip a drive that would've faded right to the pin but I hit the palm tree on the right side...I feared I had gone in the canal.

I get up to the disc and it is sitting right on the bank...whew, tradgedy averted and I line up the second shot... a simple flick to the basket probably 40 or so feet away.

Blammo...I hit the stupid palm fronds again and the disc drops straight into the canal...maybe 2' from shore.

And disappears into the murk...it was over 3' deep there and we probed and prodded and stick fished and even sunk hands in there until I finally forced my wife to give up.

3 cores later and none have ever been like that one.

My only lost disc and it is one that really really hurt.
:(

Last year at a tournament at Spiker-Arboreatum in Canton OH I had one of those rounds where nothing feels right as you get out of bed in the morning. During the first round of 24 holes I end up losing all 4 of my main drivers into ponds. I would have lost my buzzz also but I was so desperate for discs that I went wading (chasing down stream in the current) in a Creek along hole number 23 to get it back. In hind sight I really should have just called it a day after the first hole!
I had another stretch where I lost 5 Star Xcal's in 5 weeks. I swear to god they are attracted to water.
When there is water around now, I throw the friggin destoryer

I lost 5 Star Xcal's in 5 weeks. I swear to god they are attracted to water.

Hmmm....

lake_iw04.jpg

I just lost my KC Pro Whippet yesterday. Worst part is, I only threw it once, putted, got my putter, grabbed my bag and walked on to the next hole. Somewhere in that sequence I should have picked it up.

Been playing for years and only lost one disc. Was at Burke lake throwing down that one with the nice hill by the entrance. Threw it hard and it rolled past the hole into the parking area. Well, some little kid picked it up jumped in daddys truck and they left. The way I look at it if it makes a kid happy to Jack a disc I payed 4.00 for so be it. (was an old valk)

Last edited:

Latest posts