• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag frustration...

disc gopher

Birdie Member
It really doesn't make any sense to me how bag companies do business...nothing is ever in stock and you HAVE TO pre-order to get one. Why not actually have bags in stock? They really must not want my money...it's clear with how quickly bags sell out that they're not going to have trouble moving them. :mad:

It really doesn't make any sense to me how bag companies do business...nothing is ever in stock and you HAVE TO pre-order to get one. Why not actually have bags in stock? They really must not want my money...it's clear with how quickly bags sell out that they're not going to have trouble moving them. :mad:

it's simple

lack of
$$$$
most of these companies are new or small and it takes A LOT of $$$ to get these bags custom made. they are using the preorder money to order the bags. unless someone has a ton of capital on hand to build up a huge stock.

hyzerbomb has their bags in stock. i just got one when they came out and love it. so much room, comfortable and way better on my back than my revo with quads was

http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/bags/products/flak

It really doesn't make sense to me how people can complain about things they know absolutely nothing about...

It really doesn't make sense to me how people can complain about things they know absolutely nothing about...

couldn't that be because those in the know aren't very informative???

btw to the OP. Gateway has loads of bags in stock and priced reasonably.

He wants to buy a bag and he can't, that seems like disappointment, and I'm pretty sure that all humans know plenty about that.

He wants to buy a bag and he can't, that seems like disappointment, and I'm pretty sure that all humans know plenty about that.

I was referring more to the production side rather than the consumer side. There are plenty of limitations ($$$) that can make it difficult to keep bags in stock.

Back in my day I had to wait 3 1/2 months, uphill (both ways) in a snowstorm, with nothing but wet paper sacks on my feet, for a GB silverback...

Don't complain until you know what it was like "back in the day," son. :| :| :| :p ;)

Back in my day I had to wait 3 1/2 months, uphill (both ways) in a snowstorm, with nothing but wet paper sacks on my feet, for a GB silverback...

Don't complain until you know what it was like "back in the day," son. :| :| :| :p ;)

well if he ordered one of those now wouldnt he be waiting anyway?.....

Either an ergo, PF challenger or a DD ranger. Preferably a ranger they look reallyyyy sweet but none of these are in stock. I'm just saying it sucks to have to order a bag when it's good for the company and not you, the consumer. I don't always have $200 for a new bag and it would be nice that when I do have the money I can buy what I want.

Either an ergo, PF challenger or a DD ranger. Preferably a ranger they look reallyyyy sweet but none of these are in stock. I'm just saying it sucks to have to order a bag when it's good for the company and not you, the consumer. I don't always have $200 for a new bag and it would be nice that when I do have the money I can buy what I want.

The Challenger is no longer being made bud, as for the ergo, that was a very limited order time that sold out quick..not really sure what is going on with the ranger, but if you carry a max of 20 discs, you could go with the catalyst and wait a bit.

The Challenger is no longer being made bud, as for the ergo, that was a very limited order time that sold out quick..not really sure what is going on with the ranger, but if you carry a max of 20 discs, you could go with the catalyst and wait a bit.

:thmbup: If your willing to pay $200 for a disc golf bag pay the extra $50 & get a Golf Mahal or Grip bag. They both he a lifetime warranty & I are made out of better/more durable materials than the Ranger & bags like the Ranger. I have a Grip A-Series bag & I love it. It was definitely worth the money. I was considering getting the Ranger or Grip A-Series but after seeing both bags in person the Grip won hands down. I have friends with the Ranger & even they've told me after trying my bag on that it is more comfortable. The Rangers don't have the rails on the bottom of the bag & in general are not nearly as good as the Grip or Mahal.

If you are only willing to spend 200, the hyzer bomb flak looks pretty sweet imho. I rock a nutsac, though, so my experience with backpacks is zero.

Thinking of selling my first gen Ergo. PM me if interested.

I agree with the OP and the non-sense pre-orders from a company who has been in the business and are on 2nd or 3rd runs of a bag. By this time they should have at least some money to make some bags without doing a pre-order with long waits.

Back to getting a bag that is in stock. If you are looking at the DD Ranger bag (which i also noticed last week it is not longer listed on their site) at $175 or even $157.49 if the 10% coupon still works, I too would suggest looking at the Hyzer Bomb Flak 3 ($194.99 shipped). They are in stock, ship the same day, their customer service is top notch, and it is an overall better bag with just about the same amount of storage as the DD Ranger.