• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Light for Night Golf

play in the dark like real men lol....rarely will i even shine the basket with my flashlight when playing nightgolf...cuz then i cant see SH!T afterwards...and putting in the dark changes things up a little bit

If the lights are pointed DOWN it does not mess with your night vision as much. People walking around pointing their flashlights everywhere is not good.

When the baskets are lit well, it helps to identify the flight line to the basket.

Communication is key in night golf. A lot of times at night your ears are more important than your eyes. Because of tree bounces, you need to give drives a chance to land before you give kudos, otherwise you might end up looking a long time. Not fun on certain courses.

If the lights are pointed DOWN it does not mess with your night vision as much. People walking around pointing their flashlights everywhere is not good.

When the baskets are lit well, it helps to identify the flight line to the basket.

Communication is key in night golf. A lot of times at night your ears are more important than your eyes. Because of tree bounces, you need to give drives a chance to land before you give kudos, otherwise you might end up looking a long time. Not fun on certain courses.
that style works good so it dont mess with your eyes but makes it harder to see the basket. and by basket i mean the basket not the whole entrapment device.

My club has been playing weekly glow doubles from November - March for a couple years now, and the TD has experimented with a lot of these solutions. He has settled on the LED tap lights as the best option, and I must say I agree.

i've used the glow sticks you crack to illuminate them...i just tape it to the pole using clear packing tape and make sure it's on the tee side of the basket...works fairly well, lasts over night easily, i could see it getting expensive if you play night golf frequently
glow sticks

i've used the glow sticks you crack to illuminate them...i just tape it to the pole using clear packing tape and make sure it's on the tee side of the basket...works fairly well, lasts over night easily, i could see it getting expensive if you play night golf frequently
glow sticks
check the dollar store , they usually have these glow stick raver packs with 5-6 necklaces and wrist bands .

at one local course i seen a glow stick placed on the basket, im not to sure on how well this actually works though

We had a couple night tournaments so far at my local course and they just used 24" glow sticks and wrapped them around the baskets. I think 3 or 4 around the top of the basket, and the 3 around the top of the chains. You could really see them through all the trees and made it easy to see the top and the bottom of the basket.

When my friends and I play night golf we know where the baskets are for our drives, and for our putts we'll just have someone shine a flashlight on the basket while the putt takes place. It's a lot easier than having to traverse the course beforehand to set up lights/glowsticks on the baskets.

nite frolfing Rocks

I have a bag(24) of cheap 5 led red bike tail flashers or safety flashers and I got them on ebay and spent 2$ each with shipping they last forever on 2 aa battery's . we put them out while its getting dark and pick them back up on 2ed time around also I use the small light weight led bobber fishing lights on the disc (been nite frolfing for over 20 years now)they have a few colors but I think red works best many places sell the beacon brand here is one place(many others sell them),I get them at cabellas Happy frolfing-BENDER

http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...n&i=411625&r=view&aID=504AE7&cID=GSHOP_411625

Latest posts