• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

basket pyramids

Ask and you shall receive.

Look at Scarboro Hole 1, of course ther is no good picture of it.

307025_10150283271578269_2396461_n.jpg

What picture fails to really depict is the OB 35 feet out behind it and the hill that most people land on and have to putt downhill at the elevated basket. Now that's a putt

Forget pyramids or mounds, how about a hanging basket?! Every year for the STLDGC Club Championship they put up an awesome temp 18 course at Sioux Passage near STL, and one of the holes features a basket hanging from a tree. It can be a damn tough putt when the wind is swinging the basket side by side!

Now, that picture from Lyndsey Park is the real deal. Not just a cute raised basket, but terraces where a disc can land, and where it matters which terrace you landed on.

I want want one of those.

You can putt pretty easily from even the bottom terrace, it's not a gimme, but it can be done fairly easily. Putting from the ground is a chore. If you can park your drive on the pyramid, it's deucable, but that's a fun drive to pull off.

You can putt pretty easily from even the bottom terrace, it's not a gimme, but it can be done fairly easily. Putting from the ground is a chore. If you can park your drive on the pyramid, it's deucable, but that's a fun drive to pull off.

It just looks like it would be fun because it would matter which level your disc landed on, or stayed on. The higher the terrace, the easier the putt.

Elevated baskets can be a good change of pace when used properly for that course. Some can feel contrived, while others feel like they fit in with the course.

one course in the Phoenix area has a basket at the top of a boulder that is a few feet high. The hole is about 450 feet with a decent uphill elevation to the basket even if the basket was ground level. The elevated basket adds a bit more of challenge to that hole.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=505&mode=media&view=hole&hole=15&page=1#

The one at Lindsey Park DEFINITELY improves the hole, as well as adding a signature landmark feature immediately upon driving into the Park. It's the first hole you see when entering the park from that side, very cool.

It also looks much bigger in person than the photo suggests. It's impressive and not contrived at all imo. The hole previously just had the basket close to the road, on a level straight shot. Now it's much better.

The one at Lindsey Park DEFINITELY improves the hole, as well as adding a signature landmark feature immediately upon driving into the Park. It's the first hole you see when entering the park from that side, very cool.

It also looks much bigger in person than the photo suggests. It's impressive and not contrived at all imo. The hole previously just had the basket close to the road, on a level straight shot. Now it's much better.

Was that an existing feature that they took advantage of---or was it built for the disc golf hole?

They built it for that hole.

It was one of the plainest, most boring holes out there before. Now it's a signature feature. It looks much better in person, like I said. It's a beautiful addition if you ask me.

I can understand the other side, too, but I don't know anybody that liked the hole more before the change.

When you drive into the park and see that, your immediate reaction is usually, "Hell yeah! Let's play some golf!"

I need to take a picture of the basket placement on hole #3 at Emery Park. Its a natural hogback about 6-8 feet high on the front side and a little more on the back side. Its very steep and not very wide. To complicate matters the top of the hogback is rounded. Oh yeah and its very well guarded by trees. If your putt isn't in or lands flat on the top you could be 2 putting, or 3 putting or more if you get a nasty roll.

Our photo really doesn't do it justice. It's a lot taller than it looks.

They built it for that hole.

It was one of the plainest, most boring holes out there before. Now it's a signature feature. It looks much better in person, like I said. It's a beautiful addition if you ask me.

I can understand the other side, too, but I don't know anybody that liked the hole more before the change.

When you drive into the park and see that, your immediate reaction is usually, "Hell yeah! Let's play some golf!"

That is awesome. I can't see any "other side", myself. Kudos to the crew who built it.

Here's our hybrid---half pyramid, or at least a terrace, and half mound. Or like a pyramid not yet excavated. That dirt pit next to it is O.B.

Hole%2018%20Basket%20(2).jpg

what course? also which way does the hole play - in the direction of the picture, or where the person is throwing from?

Horseshoe Canyon Ranch

Here is a look from the tee. Half of the boulder the basket is on can be seen from the pic. In the other picture, the person standing there looks to be between the tee and basket. I think I remember the hole being 215ish feet.

b4d41080.jpg