• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beating in a disc

mvmartin

Is there any way to beat in a disc within a week?
***********Please no smart aleck comments or suggestions***********

Champion? DX? What are we looking at man? Some people like to just throw it into a brick wall a 100 times.. That'll do the trick mostly.

Spike hyzers and/or thumbers.

Tuning a disc also works. With the top (flight plate) of the disc towards you, place your hands on the rim at 10 & 2o'clock positons. Bend the disc lightly away from you, working your way around the disc. This should bring the PLH lower, which causes a disc to be more understable or 'beat in'.

I just throw rollers/spike hyzers if I want to beat it up artificially. Or crush a few drives into a big tree.

*plastic cannon<---has hit himself before throwing at trees.*

*plastic cannon<---has hit himself before throwing at trees.*

thats kind of funny. When i want to beat in a putter I stand about 4 feet from my basket and throw like 100 putts at 100%

mineral spirits will strip the gloss layer off of a dx disc, although you would want to use that with caution. also sandpaper on the rim and edges.

Quick & easy method:

Find a dead tree laying on the ground. Throw your disc at said dead tree from close proximity repeatedly for 20 minutes or so. Your disc will be flipping hard after that! :thmbup:

Just play a complete round with that disc at a wooded course. Should be broke in after 1 or 2 rounds. Unless you're wooded course doesn't have enough woods, lol.

one disc rounds. kinda depends on which putter it is and how beat in you want it.

Find a dead tree laying on the ground. Throw your disc at said dead tree from close proximity repeatedly for 20 minutes or so. Your disc will be flipping hard after that! :thmbup:

Second throwing discs at trees also - OP can't inb4

Why not just find a premium plastic disc that flies like you want? I know there are extreme specialty shots that no manufactured disc fit, but there are disc that fly like a beat up dx beast. Always seems that this would save work to beat in the disc, build in consistency through lack of ever changing flight characteristics, save money and not having to work with three of the same disc to keep one in the 'sweet (or beat) spot".

Why not just find a premium plastic disc that flies like you want? I know there are extreme specialty shots that no manufactured disc fit, but there are disc that fly like a beat up dx beast.
The OP said the disc in question was a putter.

My advice would be to simply use the thing...a lot.

We play in the woods a lot around here.

In my experience, the question is, how to NOT beat in a DX disc in less than a week.

If you have access to a fairly dense stand of trees without a lot of ground cover, just plinko the crap out of it a few times.

Latest posts