• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bend It Like Throton - Speed 15 Disc - Real or April Fools?

in regard to items such as this i would say resoundingly no.

I can understand both sides to the argument. Being listed on an official document and blatantly being out of legal spec isn't very professional. Is it really harming anything with the joke though as long as it's removed tonight/tomorrow?

Really? It's April Fools Day. Is the PDGA not allowed to have a sense of humor too?

in regard to items such as this i would say resoundingly no.

If this happened any other day besides April Fools Day, I would agree with you biscoe.

However, this did not appear on the Interweb yesterday and it will be gone by tomorrow. Human beings gotta have a little room for a sense of humor. :D

Was the "Quiver" the one that was supposed to be 4 discs in 1 mold, 4 different rims, etc? That one was so obviously fake, and it took me like 10 minutes to figure it out, lol....

Why? What harm is being done?

they are making a joke out of their own (currently under scrutiny) technical standards as well as doing something which only furthers the belief that they are in innova's pocket (which i personally do not believe). for an organization representing a sport which struggles to be taken seriously it just seems like one more pr blunder to me.

they are making a joke out of their own (currently under scrutiny) technical standards as well as doing something which only furthers the belief that they are in innova's pocket (which i personally do not believe). for an organization representing a sport which struggles to be taken seriously it just seems like one more pr blunder to me.

Are their technical standards under scrutiny from more people than just those of us squeaky wheel-ing it in the threads here? I always thought I was in a very small (microscopic really) minority taking up that cause.

PDGA had an April fools joke last year. The 826' roller ace at bowling green.

I thought the Lefty Line of disc was classic.

"These discs will have all your friends shouting IT"S A LEFTY HOLE!"

Was the "Quiver" the one that was supposed to be 4 discs in 1 mold, 4 different rims, etc? That one was so obviously fake, and it took me like 10 minutes to figure it out, lol....

i remember that one and wasnt last year a left handed disc?

:(

*goes back to doing real work*

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*same here....at least until the ADD kicks in again and I get sucked back into this meaningless discussion on who is and who is not allowed to crack a joke on April Fool's Day.* :p;):thmbup:

I threw it today, Totally not fake. Thing has a monster rim. Glides like a bird, and soars like a jet. You all need to preorder. I already aced twice with it! In one day! On 400ft holes!

I threw it today, Totally not fake. Thing has a monster rim. Glides like a bird, and soars like a jet. You all need to preorder. I already aced twice with it! In one day! On 400ft holes!

amazing right. I got mine on Saturday. 30mph wind and it just cuts right through it. Flip it hard in that wind and it just stands up tracks right just for a second (in a second it cover no less than 200ft :gross:). finishes nice and flat no skips no rolls. It's everything a teebird wishes it could be but waaay longer. My max D with it was just over 575, which is way long for me. At 8'5" it's hard to get my giant fingers to fit inside the rim of most discs. I just hope i dont squeeze too hard and get the glow gel all over me. I wonder the environmental impact of the gel....

get one now!

Quote: BradHarris
Originally Posted by dashiellx
I think we're pretty much all agreed that this is an April Fools Joke. So then the conversation turns to should the PDGA really be playing along with it, considering the image that they are already in Innova's back pocket?

It's all in good fun. If Discraft asked them to post an April Fool's approval I imagine they would go along with that as well.
In the spirit of being fair and balanced, the Gateway G9i Medium Wizards are legal today only in any sanctioned event.

Last edited: