• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best courses in DFDub

I'll be visiting the DFW area soon, what are the top 3 courses that I should go to first?

any suggestions?
I'm a big fan of technical courses that challenge distance with precision. Case-in-point-- Wilco in Leander is one of my favorite courses that I have played so far.

If you like Wilco and technical courses, then you'll probably like Lester Lorch, Duncanville, and Gateway in DFW. Lindsey Park Gold in Tyler I'm told is very technical and difficult, but that is an hour or so east of the metroplex.

Here's how the top 20 courses in DFW rank according to rating on DGCR:
  1. Harry Myers in Rockwall
  2. Lester Lorch Coyote in Cedar Hill
  3. Lester Lorch Beaver in Cedar Hill
  4. Towne Lake in McKinney
  5. Turner in Grand Prairie
  6. Lake Lewisville in Lewisville
  7. Veterans in Arlington
  8. Z-Boaz in Fort Worth
  9. Crossroads of Life DGC in Duncanville
  10. Bicentennial in Crowley
  11. Bear Creek in Grapevine
  12. Weatherford DGC in Weatherford
  13. Bill Allen in The Colony
  14. Paschall in Mesquite
  15. Arcadia in Fort Worth
  16. Alex Clark in McKinney
  17. Fritz in Irving
  18. Saddle Hills in White Settlement
  19. Beaumont Ranch in Grandview, TX
  20. BB Owen in Dallas
Which of these courses have you played/not played? How would you change the ranking of these courses?

Meh.... I almost agree with you. Bear Creek and Alex Clark are not rated that well IMO. And I'm suprised Saddle Hills is on the list. If Alex Clark rates as you say, where is Greenbelt? Aren't they nearly identicle? Fritz, Pasch and Beaumont I have not played. So I donno about them. Also, I donno who in thier right mind would rank Turner above the Z. Unless: your factors are beyond the play. I know trash and crowd are an issue, but the Z as far as how it plays certainly above Turner, IMO.

Also, I donno who in thier right mind would rank Turner above the Z. Unless: your factors are beyond the play. I know trash and crowd are an issue, but the Z as far as how it plays certainly above Turner, IMO.

i dunno, that's pretty close for me. turner has the distance that the Z doesn't.

and it can be hard to overlook the general "homeboy" atmosphere over at the Z. trash, crowds, etiquette (or lack thereof) but especially the "extracurricular" activities that seem so prevalent there. with the cops camped out on Old Benbrook pulling over cars coming out of the parking lot, it's only a matter of time before the city starts to question the prudence of having the course there. just like bear creek.

i dunno, that's pretty close for me. turner has the distance that the Z doesn't.

and it can be hard to overlook the general "homeboy" atmosphere over at the Z. trash, crowds, etiquette (or lack thereof) but especially the "extracurricular" activities that seem so prevalent there. with the cops camped out on Old Benbrook pulling over cars coming out of the parking lot, it's only a matter of time before the city starts to question the prudence of having the course there. just like bear creek.

The thing with the cops, is there is a discrepancy reguarding justiction... in our favor. Old Benbrook Rd belongs to the BPD. Anything beyond the fence, inside the course belongs to FWPD. So... once you leave the course without your turn signal, BPD will be there for you. If there was an incident inside the course that required PD attention, the call has to be made to FW. FW does not, and does not care to, patrol ZBoaz Park South.

That being said, we have to be aware that juristiction does not apply if any officer witnesses an incident or crime. So if BPD sees you pass a small package for cash: they can, and will intervene. Then they call in FW, or the Sheriff. This has not happened in many years (last time was a stripped/stolen car about 14 years ago). BPD has however has pulled people over coming in. Do not throw onions from your pizza out of the window as you're coming in. This has happened, and resulted in a search and arrest.

Also: be aware that the Tarrant County Sheriffs have juristiction everywhere in Tarrant County. They also, do not actively patrol ZBoaz Park South.

I believe that the athorities have an 'out-of-sight out-of-mind' mentality towards the course, inside the fenceline. BPD does not look at the road leading to it in this sence tho. You must travel that road as if he is always there.

I'll be visiting the DFW area soon, what are the top 3 courses that I should go to first?

any suggestions?
I'm a big fan of technical courses that challenge distance with precision. Case-in-point-- Wilco in Leander is one of my favorite courses that I have played so far.

Z-Boaz
Veterans
Someone help me with the third one..

Saddle Hills is the best 9'er I've ever played, and definitely worth playing. If you're quick, you can knock out a round by yourself in about 30-40 minutes.

And its always empty. Deserted, even. Almost to the point where Weatherford DGC is

Saginaw's nine hole course, on the other hand, is a true "beginner's" course. Ace opportunities at every hole. Lots of fun to be had here, but don't expect a challenge

But for the love of God, avoid playing Eagle Ranch DGC at ALL COSTS! If I remember correctly the course only has 4 or 5 baskets left, the rest were stolen.

Last edited:
When I play with out of towners, I usually take them to:
1. Cedar Hill. Can't beat shot variety, scenery, and # of holes.
2. Turner followed by Fritz Park. Combined they provide a little of everything.
3. Lake Lewisville followed by boating on the lake and ending up at Sneaky Petes.

any suggestions?

Come out to Tyler and play Lindsey Gold (Dogwood). It's an 1 1/2 hours from Dallas and worth the drive, on you way stop in Canton and play Cherry Creek, played there today really fun!!!

But, If you are staying in Dallas, definitely fit u Turner (Grand Prairie), Bicentennial (Crowley), ZBOAZ (Ft Worth) but stay away in the afternoons and on weekends!! for a ZBOAZ sub you could drive out to Weatherford it's fun or go in the opposite direction to Rockwall and play Harry Myers!!!

Canton is very sweet. I think when more people get out that way the hype will grow for sure

Canton is very sweet. I think when more people get out that way the hype will grow for sure

If it weren't for the nasty storms that uprooted a few trees on the Back 9 I would have almost gave this course 5 Discs!!! Whether it was a tornado or straight line winds, some ENORMOUS trees were torn up like they were tiny weeds. It has really messed up one hole (#12 if I remember right). Once the city gets these trees removed Canton will be one of East Texas' best courses!!!

Latest posts