• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best discs for side arm throwers and why?

Teebird is good suggestion, as is Gazelle. You should be able to throw both flat and have them land pretty close to your target point.

Deal is if you want to throw flat and straight you are going to have to give up some distance. 300 to 350' accurate is probably better than spraying the bowl with 450' of diarrhea anyways.

I am not a big distance thrower, my max d is just over 300' but that is dead level straight, no hyzer or anny, and low...obviously I give up distance not throwing big hzyer flips or flexes but I have a pretty tight group from 250' in and am not all over the place on my max distance throws either. I pride myself in throwing a gazelle flat as far as many throw their katanas and other silly discs.

If you don't play in the woods I wouldn't even worry.

Makes sense tx

Havoc
Difficulty 6
Speed 13
Glide 6
High Speed Stability -1
Low Speed Stability 3

Destroyer
Difficulty 6
Speed 12
Glide 5
High Speed Stability -1
Low Speed Stability 3

Havocs and Destroyers have the same High Speed Stability so it really doesn't matter which you are throwing. Neither should "hook hard at the end" on a 450' forehand shot (unless you are throwing a flex shot or hyzer lol). This is due to the difference between forehand and backhand throws. I won't go into it completely but basically forehands don't spin as fast as backhands in comparison to velocity, so they turn over easier. Therefore, at 450' a destroyer or havoc will turn more with a forehand than it will a backhand.

If you are mistaking "hook hard at the end" for the natural fade of a disc then you just need to know that discs fade and you can't get past it. If it's not fading, it's potential hasn't been reached. I have never thrown a disc that does not fade. It won't happen. Even your flippiest of flippy driver will fade if you get it high enough and/or at the right angle (pros make use of this in distance competitions with very flippy discs). A disc that does not fade and just goes straight all the way to the ground did not have enough air under it to complete the full flight. You can make use of that by throwing lower (at a designated spot on the ground) so that you might throw a straight shot that hits right before the basket and skids up next to the pin.

Also to go with forehand/backhand spin, the lack of spin makes it fade harder than backhand at equal distances.

As for discs that go straight with minimal fade then, again, use the buzzz and teebird.

I think u are right it seems like it will fade no matter what I guess I shouldn't say hook hard at end it just hooks like a fade and every shot I do see stay so straight is usually backhand and not on the drive I throw backhand for my mid range approach and puts and for most part can seem to keep them mostly straight on a good day lol

Latest posts