• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Best discs

Roach - There is no other beadless, bullet nosed disc on the market.

I love my Buzzz and Zone but those have enough clones out there that I'd find a replacement if I absolutely had to. Probably start throwing the M2 and AviarX3 respectively. The Undertaker is tougher. The closest in flight that also has that perfectly flat wing I know of is OOP, the SL, but I could stock up on the ones out there and wait for Pro Shop runs.

The closest in flight that also has that perfectly flat wing I know of is OOP, the SL, but I could stock up on the ones out there and wait for Pro Shop runs.

The Proshop has F2 Star SLs and F2 Pro SLs, and Infinite Discs had them as well, as of the last time I checked some days ago. I love my Star SLs, be they F2s or Valarie 4x commemoratives.

Also, the (production) Pro Starfire is actually the SL. So they're there if you want 'em.

The Proshop has F2 Star SLs and F2 Pro SLs, and Infinite Discs had them as well, as of the last time I checked some days ago. I love my Star SLs, be they F2s or Valarie 4x commemoratives.

Also, the (production) Pro Starfire is actually the SL. So they're there if you want 'em.

The Starfire has the concave rim though. I like SL's but that was just the hypothetical if I needed to replace the Undertaker. With production run ESP Undertakers out this year, I'm set.
Thanks though!

Proxy - just dead straight when thrown flat (and the classic cliche... holds any line you put it on) so true with this one.
River - highest distance to effort ratio for low fade tunnel shots
Destiny - she goes long for us noodle arms (honorable mention to Star Terns)

Life support discs: zone, teebird, fuse

When I'm greedier for easier distance or putting: enforcer, Katana, Nova

Berg and Rask. Everything else can be done with something else.
My approach game could suffice with a zone or harp again but the learning curve would be steep. I would also have to readjust to a regular putter again.

Rask, nothing else penetrates wind better. Theres more overstable but they loose steam into the wind faster.

Proxy / Atom (I can switch between these depending on course/conditions - They are both Very straight approach discs / short mids)

Alias (straight stable mid, low fade)

Teebird3 (Straight with decent fade Power Fairway - versatile, trusty , handles headwind, placement shots and out shots - really everything but turnover shots I like to use the T3)

Mayhem - (Big Bombing S shapes - for Max D or shaping a distance shot - as long as its not into a solid headwind this holds up and crushes)

Ps: Reptilian Disc Golf SERPENT!! - its my go to short range putter - forgot to mention that - I guess I just figured I'd skip putters since they're all very personal

Last edited:
750 A4 - I swear it's made of magnets. It always seems to go the basket and stay there.

750/400 M2 - It'll take all the power I can generate. It's easy to control. If I'm ever in doubt about what to throw, throw an M2.

400 D2 - I'd tried just about every distance driver on the market. The first time I threw a D2 I fell in love. It popped out of my hand and just zoomed down the fairway.

The Valkyrie, Champion Glow 170-172 grams then mid is either a slow fairway driver the Impact 172-173 grams for longer courses and short is my Star Shark, 174 grams then Magnet putter Jawbreaker 173-174 grams, the more beat in one I own Modified with a Sharpie to work for me. I took on a trip i was flying thes 4 discs and the course was shorter but not too short and open so I never really used the Impact as much but on a short hole too short to use a driver and too long for me with the midrange I had. I did use These discs but the putter it was a older Pro D model that I bought, one of the first runs of the softer hard Pro D models, now gone to a recycling place, got warped to beyond use hitting a tree last year. I could have done without my Impact but I like having that disc, tunnel shots before 2007 Ace Race were with a Stingray or attempt a lazer shot with a Champion Valkyrie and hope.

So discs are:

driver: The Valkyrie, Champion Glow 170-172 grams.

Mid long course: slow fairway driver the Impact 172-173 grams
Mid Short course: Slow mid Star Shark 174 grams

Putter: a Jawbreaker Magnet 173-174 grams my beat in one that flies straighter one of two with Sharpie on the top to help make disc useful for me.

Last edited:
To above the beat in Jawbreaker Magnet Putter is labeled in sharpie on the disc approach putt and is more for my longer putts and hazard putts as well. Other Jawbreaker Magnet closer putting putter is same weight as my longer putts putting putter.