• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Best fairway driver for windy days....

A whole lotta wind, either Champ Banshee or Brinster 'bird.

A medium stiff wind I'm liking my new G* Pegasus so far.

Depends on your power - Saint, FL, of course Firebird, these all work for me. Hell, even an Amp works into headwind for me.

Big arms always up the ante tho.

Champ Teebird, C Line PD, and Champ Firebird depending on how much wind there is.

little wind XXX, medium wind XXX, lotta wind XXX, hurricane XXX. That should cover it.

Likes others have said, it depends on how strong of a headwind it is and what kind of shot I'm looking for, but for 'fairway' driver distance I'm taking out either my new-ish Champ Teebird or my 11x Champ Firebird, which is pretty well worn but still laughs at headwinds like it ain't no thang.

I played today in very gusty conditions and my score looked like my ball golf score..... And that ain't good. Had some rollers for sure. Ended up throwing putters low and hard haha.

Using a Champ Teebird for windy fairway drives. Looking into an FD2. It's supposed to be a Teebird with less glide. Sounds like something I want.

I thought a teebird with less glide was called a banshee.

I bought a 175g Champ Banshee and that thing has just as much glide as my Teebirds IMO. It does have a large dome on it. Maybe just a bad Banshee? I had high hopes when I bought it.