• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best part o' ye game...

Best Part of your game...

• Total voters
Long game. I've never been accused of being a good putter, but I won the second ever tournament I played in Advanced because it was a really long course and I am a power player. It's much easier having a 50 foot look at a birdie than a 150 foot look.

Smoking. I do that the best.

Actually I'd have to say my approaches are the best part of my game. My distance isn't great, but not bad either for an old broken down geezer. It could be more consistent. My trouble shots aren't bad either, but I need to slow that part of my game down to be more creative with my shots and explore every possible shot. My putting is the worst part of my game sad to say, but since I've found a major flaw in my putting style it has been improving.

My second putts are typically laying in the bottom of the basket. The rest of my game can't be described as being good by any means of the imagination. Occasionally I will have a good drive, but will screw up the approach, or vice versa. I rarely put together back to back good shots on any single hole. :wall:

My mid game, hands down. Although I aspire for it to one day be my "D" but for now I'm 400 foot challenged. My Fairway Aces are easily in the double digits.

The best part of my game is that randomly one part of my game is good during a round. The other 2 not so much. It keeps me looking for that everything at the same time feeling.

my putting game.. by far.. i like to think i have good control, bad distance and pretty darn good with the putter :) ... i try to putt on my basket every afternoon if possible if not atleast every other day

Of those, probably mid becasue they're just short drives and my putting isn't all that great.

My real strength is knowing what I need to do to make a shot. Unfortunately my real weakness is being able to execute what I need to do to make a shot.

You are officially changed from SILLYBIZZ to YODABIZZ

My favorite quote from our green friend. "DO or DO NOT...there is no TRY."

Not to be confused with the other Yoduh of course :p

Yes, it's spelled wrong, but I bet 'bizz gets it.

mid range game... it got that way by playing all these wooded ass NC courses

While my friends (who all specialize in putting) would say my long game is my best due to outdriving them, I feel like my mid game is my best (100 - 200ft away from the pin) as I only really drive between 300 - 350ft max. I'm also only a mediocre putter, so I had to get good at parking the approach to avoid a 20ft+ putt gone awry.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I feel like I have contributed something today which meets my quota for September. :p

For me it's all about the up shots...

mostly because my driving and putting suxxors. :D

My putting has saved more strokes than any other part of my game, although my driving is a close second in that it gives my putting game plenty of chances. But my approach game needs a lot of work still. I consistently make bad decisions in my approach game with shots that I can't execute, but I try anyway.

In other words, it's more of a question of what part of my game needs work than what part of my game is the best. My driving and putting are solid, but my mid-range game needs work.

My mid-range shots are the best part about my game... I tend to be around 90% accurate within 30 feet of the basket using my Rhynos from distances of 100'-200' away. My putting is vastly improving, but I still have ups and downs from within the circle....most of the time I tend to release my putts too low for the distance required. My driving ability is slowing improving and I find myself in the rough very rarely now... however I don't have much distance and tend to max out around 350' with my drivers and average around 300'. I definately need to work on my driving technique, but I just started working on a run up X step off the teepad.

My best part is my mid game for sure. I'm still getting my technique down for my drives since my first 2 years playing I had a horrible coach. I've honed my skills with my mids to make up for my short comings in the driving aspect. From 150+ I can have my mids land within 15 feet of the basket about 90% of the time.

Latest posts