• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Best Sidearm Disc on the market today by company

Katana Pro

I really like to forehand but my crush's and I have had a falling out and I don't like them as much anymore. However I still want to continue with my forehands. So with all the discs on the market TODAY what would be some of the best forehand driver or the closest to the crush by manufacturer. I am looking into the stiletto but think it's too OS. And I really like trilogy discs. I can get the crush out to around 350 when I throw as hard as I can.

Anything that's good for backhand is also good for forehand. I use a Hurricane or Force.

In order to reply to the question....

My favorite drivers tend to be narrower rims.

Innova: TeeRex
Lat64: Riot
Discraft: Pulse
DGA: Tsumani

I have not really tried to forehand any other brands. I started out with a Crush, then tried a Wraith and Surge. I just like the rims on the above discs better. The Tsumani's rim is not as narrow as the others.

For shorter distance I use primarily my Reaper. I have used a FLX Predator in order to take advantage of the FLX plastic.

If it's a disc, it can be forehanded.

Yep, this. I forehand a Judge, Buzzz, Rival, Boatman, Surge SS, Pure, Ghost...and probably a few more every week. Depends on the shot you need, but forehand shots are more up to the thrower than the disc...just like backhand.

Innova;XCal, Ape, Firebird
Discraft; Nuke SS, Predator
Gateway; Speed Demon, Demon
Latitude 64; Stiletto(yes it will be too OS for max D but it's your friend in a headwind and can pull off awesome flex bombs)
Westside; Giant
Salient; Prometheus, Backdraft
Discmania; PD2
Prodigy; X1, D1
Lightning; #1 hook shot, # hyzer
Millennium; Tachyon

Are my favorites by brand to flick.

Second or third vote for 'all of them'. Try something on the barely stable side for fun - like a Valk or Saint.

I don't understand these questions. I forehand all my discs.

Some of my favorites are understable like a Meteor, River, FD, Hatchet, and Flow. I also throw overstable like Verdict, Teebird, PD, and Enforcer. Lots in between as well.

Roc3 ha been a favorite of mine for FH approaches 100-220 feet. Handles a little torque well. If you have a fairly smooth FH it'll give you a dependable fade at that range.

The D2 gets the most consistent distance for me. I can't think of a time that I turned it over. From a stand still, I throw it with a slight anhyzer release and with a run up, I give it a slight hyzer and the thing flies beautifully.

Even most pros FH Overstable discs for distance (save Koling)

They can probably all FH Roadrunners, which is good to learn, but on Max D they're all reaching for Destroyers, Forces, D-1, Giants, etc.

Unless you FH all the time it might be best to stick with one or two discs. McBeast for instance really FH's Destroyers I would guess 80-90% of the time. Seen it from 250-400. Something fast and overstable for distance and control. If you don't have the power though or are still learning maybe look at something slower like a Teebird.

i can easy get saint out to 350 on a flick. hyzer, straight, or turnover it is a jack of all trades. and no i do not support team trilogy

or else a std is even more straight with a slightly bigger fade that can do the job almost as well. no turn in sight until its beat

Latest posts