• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Throw of the Week

Last week I hit a 200 foot shot for birdie on hole number 4 at Fox Chase in Albermarle, NC with my trusty Avenger SS. Just hyzered it out and bam sliced right into the chains.

Longest shot I've ever hit.

I have a couple from Thanksgiving and black friday rounds. The first came at Distractions DGC at Hueston Woods. It was hole 11 and it is a sweeping anny shot that is tough. I let the disc go and got around the corner but it faded on me into the edge of the wood. It left me with a tough side arm shot of about 35' or so. I could only see part of the basket so I was figuring just get it close as I could to save par. I threw it on a slight anny so to bring back to the basket. I see it disappear behind the trees in front of me the all of the sudden see it come back and hit the chains. My son watched the whole thing and said it hit off the tree next to the basket and went in. First time i have done that so it was tops on my list of this weeks shots.

The second one came friday at Idlewild Hole #2. I pulled out a mamba to try to throw a roller. I just released it flat and let it do the rest. It hit perfectly on the down side of the hill then kept rolling to about 4' from the basket. This my first deuce on this hole so I was really excited about that. :thmbup:

Hole 6 might be the hardest hole I've ever seen. When I finally holed out I noticed someone had scratched "f*** this hole" onto the chastity belt. Haha, my thoughts exactly at that moment. I can always shrug it off though, and I had a great time.

I second that. I play there a few times a month and and I don't think I've ever taken a 4 or less there. 18 is pretty tough too just because its so long and narrow. I just buzzz my way all the way through the woods on that one, only way I can stay in the tight fairway. Did you play all 24 holes, or just 18?

70ft birdie putt saturday at Saddlehills, hole 8? I think.... and Parked 5 with a turn over gazelle shot at turner park... Hit the basket, but parked it none the less.

The luckiest shot I had of the week was a short 170', blind shot on #4 at Dolese Youth Park. The pin is on a railroad tie and dirt mound that is about 7' high behind an island of tall bushes and trees. My usual throw is a RHFH hyzer around the left side of the island and hope it lands on one of the railroad ties softly. I released a little early, the disc flipped up and went on a rope right above the center of the island. On the tee, we heard it hit metal. It came to rest one tier below the basket for an easy birdie. If it didn't hit metal, it would have sailed 100-120' past the basket (fairly steep downhill behind the mound). It's real easy to take a 4 on this hole because of wind and the unfriendly bounces you can get from the mound. To make matters worse, the top of the target is about 8" too low. The bottom-most links of the chains are hanging below the bottom of basket.

The best shot was my second throw on another short but very well protected (very heavily wooded) pin on hole #7 of the same course. They added a new long tee position recently that adds some more difficulty. My tee shot went too far left, hit trees and stopped 5' below and to the left of the short tee making my second throw very difficult. I threw a completely blind, uphill upshot over thick brush, under low ceilings, and through a 5' wide, 4' tall tunnel of evergreen trees to have the disc come to rest directly under the basket for a drop-in par. Made me feel as if I knew what I was doing. :)

My first throw on a 230 foot hole landed on the side of a restroom area. the basket was on the adjacent side of the building and I had to throw an anhyzer shot. It was a blind shot that got right into the basket for a birdie. My friend and dad saw it but of course I missed it haha.

I got within 20-30 feet of hole 9 today and I was super pumped, but of course I missed the birdie putt. At my home course, Wayne State College, number 9 from the A tees has to curve around a row of bushes that run straight from the teebox to the basket and underneath the branches hanging from above. I threw my sexy awesome Beast on a slight hyzer and it came back perfectly. Not bad for not being able to feel my fingers.

I second that. I play there a few times a month and and I don't think I've ever taken a 4 or less there. 18 is pretty tough too just because its so long and narrow. I just buzzz my way all the way through the woods on that one, only way I can stay in the tight fairway. Did you play all 24 holes, or just 18?

The whole shebang. I went with the leopard on 18, but I was so tired by then I was spraying it all over.

Playing Eagle Island in Eagle, Idaho.. Hole 13 or 14, don't remember.. in front of the tee area there's a hill, then after that hill there's another hill that the pin sits on top off, but the only part of the pin you can see is yellow on the Innova Discatcher baskets so it's pretty much a blind shot. About a 300' hole with trees hanging all around it. I throw LHBH so I did a slight hyzer and didn't really see where it landed.. I just thought it might be close, maybe 15' away.. walk up to the pin and it ends up being 3 feet to the right, perfectly parallel with the basket. If I released it a few inches lower it may of been a blind ace.

Cross Farms in Tolland, CT. Hole #12. 400ft Par 4 through the woods. The very rare "gray" ace eagle (wtf?). 175 Teedevil RHBH hyzer which fades hard and slams into the short alt pin about 300 ft away. With my foot directly below the disc in the basket I make the 100 ft flex putt with a 175 V.P. for the deuce. Gray ace eagle :D

canned a 70 footer on hole 3 at hiestand with my anode into a headwind. Second round hit the same shot from almost exactly the same lie.

I'm starting to play around with rollers and tossed one out into a mostly open 500 hole with a big gully on the left. Spiked into the grownd about 200 feet out and it was leaning left, and heading straight for the gully. I then used The Force to make the disc stand up and turn right missing a 100ft hike by less than 5 feet. It finished it's roll to the right, and parked itself 10 away from the basket for a tap in bird. Sick looking shot.

Playing the Rockness Monster in Roxboro NC. Hole 17. Down by three strokes with 17& 18 to go. My drive lands in some kind of huge sinkhole about 45' from the basket. (If you've ever played it, you probably know the one I am talking about) When I get down into the sinkhole my head is the only thing above ground level. Yes, it's a little over 5' deep and 10' in diameter. I nail the 45' putt for a sweet 2 and my buddy gets a 4. I'm within one. On 18 (we didn't have time to find "Mystery" hole 19) my buddy gets "tree'd" and I drive to about 25'. He gets up and down for a three, I am straddle putting from behind a tree and nail a 25' birdie putt for the tie. I will take a tie at that point.....jerry

Playing the Rockness Monster in Roxboro NC. Hole 17. Down by three strokes with 17& 18 to go. My drive lands in some kind of huge sinkhole about 45' from the basket. (If you've ever played it, you probably know the one I am talking about) When I get down into the sinkhole my head is the only thing above ground level. Yes, it's a little over 5' deep and 10' in diameter. I nail the 45' putt for a sweet 2 and my buddy gets a 4. I'm within one. On 18 (we didn't have time to find "Mystery" hole 19) my buddy gets "tree'd" and I drive to about 25'. He gets up and down for a three, I am straddle putting from behind a tree and nail a 25' birdie putt for the tie. I will take a tie at that point.....jerry

The dragon hole is past 5 blue.

Cross Farms in Tolland, CT. Hole #12. 400ft Par 4 through the woods. The very rare "gray" ace eagle (wtf?). 175 Teedevil RHBH hyzer which fades hard and slams into the short alt pin about 300 ft away. With my foot directly below the disc in the basket I make the 100 ft flex putt with a 175 V.P. for the deuce. Gray ace eagle :D

Wait... That is beyond sick! Good job.

So I throw a nice and easy TeeBird off the tee, straight down the tree lined fairway. The TB has a nice predictable fade. The Pin is in the left position. Disc skids through the leaves to 20ft, slight uphill putt. NICE!!!!! :thmbup:

...putt hits top of basket, rattles some chains, falls and rolls 35ft away... right past me. :|

Hole six at Limona...Teebird over the woodpile, low under the trees, and skids between the protecting trees to 10 ft....Easy, surprising birdie :)