• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best type of plastic for very hot/humid days?

R-Pro, Star/G-Star, ESP/FLX. 'Course, this is what I throw all the time. Baseline would probably be good but I don't use it because it damages so quickly.

Disc cycling is awesome IMO, especially with premium discs since they stay that way for a long time.. I had two great rounds this week throwing 2 beaten up Gold Line discs, DX, and a SS Wizard.

The weather is a fickle whore.

Reptilian Chalkpit is by far the best I've ever felt for clean grip on those sweaty days. It's amazing, and I'm sweaty as hell- like hit the microfiber towel, toss the whale sac and still feeling clammy type sweaty when it's humid.

It's only for putters but dang it's great stuff.

For drivers I'd have to say my 400G plastic is really dry in the lighter weights, especially as they wear a little.

Last edited:
Wear a wristband to absorb sweat

Immediate results:

Kip.jpg

Chalk bags help. Otherwise I've had no problems in the heat with any types of plastic. My hands are generally dry, so sweat(depending on how much sweat) definitely helps my grip during the summer. Winter is more of my issue. Then I throw in G* and baseline plastic.

I feel for those of you in the humid states. I was stationed in SC for 4 years and it was no fun.

Here in Colorado, I stay pretty dry all year round (I'm a less than average sweater) but I really like XT no matter what the weather.

The best ones for all weather grip are usually the rubbery ones like RFF, RPro, BT Soft and the like. Basically rubbery ones that beat to hell quickly.

I like some of them, most are crap.

Merry Christmas and I hope you find something g you can't grip lock too badly!

I was wondering with some hand sweat and whatnot, a birdie bag helps...

I find that hand treatment is a factor. I've never tried the various grip enhancing lotions available. But I do use Amphora. Whether I'm playing or not, I usually apply some about twice a day. It was a happy accident that I used some just before a round several years ago. A little goes a long way. And you have to wipe off the excess.

I find that hand treatment is a factor. I've never tried the various grip enhancing lotions available. But I do use Amphora. Whether I'm playing or not, I usually apply some about twice a day. It was a happy accident that I used some just before a round several years ago. A little goes a long way. And you have to wipe off the excess.

EDIT (I just smelled my brain fart.) Amphora = Aquaphor

Merry Christmas All

Another deep south thrower used to humid weather voting for g-star. And yeah, for drivers

Latest posts