• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Way to Add Info on Basket Bands?

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hello. We are getting ready to upgrade the baskets at the Central Assembly of God DGC. We are going with MVP Black Hole Gravity baskets, that have a band.

We are considering adding hole sponsors, and possibly some other limited info on the bands. I'm looking for recommendations for doing this.

I would like something longer lasting than just a sticker. I thought that we could paint the text onto the bands (by a talented person who would make the text look nice) and then add a clear coat.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks. Jim

You are right that a professional sign painter could do the work, but that's been a dying profession for a long while. They are typically very good at brush lettering, but replicating logos is not their bag.

Vinyl transfer using solid vinyl letters is going to be an easy solution that is economical. How that holds up to the elements comes down to what materials are used, and you might well be able to coat over that.

Silkscreen is also going to be an option but working on a curved surface is going to take a very good shop.

Make some calls locally and be able to describe everything you need, and plan out the size based on the longest text you have and size everything else to the same scale.

My first thought was stencils, spray paint, then 2-3 coats of some sort of clear coat to protect it...polyurethane, clear enamel, etc.

Might be easier/cleaner to do if you can separate the band from the chains, to avoid spraying the chains.

This assumes there's no budget for professional help.

Perhaps the guys who do car wraps could print a durable sticker for the band. The same amount of vinyl for a car should cover at least 9 baskets, probably all 18.

Perhaps the guys who do car wraps could print a durable sticker for the band. The same amount of vinyl for a car should cover at least 9 baskets, probably all 18.

I think that's a good idea. Would be easy to replace when they fade, and probably not that much.

Totally something I would never have thought of. :hfive:

I would think a quality sticker would last as long as anything else. Bumper stickers pretty much last forever. It might take 4 or 5 stickers to go all around the band.
I guess a sticker will get a little nicked up, but unless someone intentionally cuts or scrapes it I would think a sticker would look the same for years.
There are numerous websites where you can design your own bumper stickers.