• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hidden Ridge DGC - N.KY Private Course

Really wanted to make this trip, but crap came up and I won't be able to. :(

Hope plenty of people turn out and you get some good support for your course locally. :thmbup:

No sweat Bogey, I'm not going anywhere. Stay tuned for more open days, tourneys, etc. in the coming months. Hope to see you soon and even more hopeful I'll get to throw a round with you next time.

Whew, what a weekend. I'm completely pooped.

Had around 70+ folks roll through and give the course a chance this past weekend. (About 3 dozen each day.) I had a blast meeting tons of new folks, talking courses and disc golf in general.

One guy I met has played disc golf with his son every single day for the last 1146 days (assuming they played yesterday and why wouldn't you at this point?). He keeps a blog and did a nice write up.

https://thediscgolfstreak.blogspot.com/2019/10/the-disc-golf-streak-day-1145-hidden.html

Had a HOF'er show up yesterday. He described the course as fun, fair, and well designed, certainly high praise for someone like that. He even mentioned that he was looking forward to coming back.

Just a great weekend overall. Makes all the blood, sweat, and long hours all the more worthwhile when you can share it.

Your course is great and so was meeting you!

Was Fred the HOF who came on Sun? If so, that was high praise indeed.

And I can personally confirm that guy and his kid played a round on Sunday in their yard. Lol

Your course is great and so was meeting you!

Was Fred the HOF who came on Sun? If so, that was high praise indeed.

And I can personally confirm that guy and his kid played a round on Sunday in their yard. Lol

Yep, Fred and a buddy of his stopped down.

Good to hear the streak continues! Also thanks for the blog write-up. My wife was amazed by your streak and enjoyed the article quite a bit.

Glad you got such a robust turnout, and positive feedback!

Sorry I couldn't make it, but will definitely see if I can stop by sometime. :hfive:

I've scheduled a couple open days coming up right after Thanksgiving. Stop on out if you can make it!

Black Friday Open Day - 11/29
Sunday after Open Day - 12/1

A couple things coming up should anyone be interested.

Work day: March 7, 9am-12pm
-Lunch provided, throw a round afterwards.

Open play day: March 14, 9am-dark.
-No reservations required. Show up, sign in, start throwing.

Some recent t-shirt and disc sales along with some generous donations were put into materials for benches. The first 3 are built and out on the course. The last 2 need to have the cedar 2x4's stained/sealed before assembly, but all pieces are cut. The design is pretty simple to put together and creates a nice stout bench that should hold up well for a while. If I had a nice miter saw stand (or built one) that I could set up jigs on I'd be able to speed up the cutting process substantially.

Each bench consists of the following:

6 - 2x4x4 Cedar boards (one coat of a semi-transparent stain/sealer all-in-one)
2 - Ground contact PT 2x4x8's cut down into 12 - 14-1/2" legs.
2 - PT 1x4x6 cut down into 10 - 14" pieces
Exterior screws and waterproof glue to hold it all together.

Total cost came in somewhere around $40-50 per bench.

Attachments

• HRDGC Bench.jpg
    HRDGC Bench.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 47
  • Bench at Hole4.jpg
    Bench at Hole4.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 39
Some recent t-shirt and disc sales along with some generous donations were put into materials for benches. The first 3 are built and out on the course. The last 2 need to have the cedar 2x4's stained/sealed before assembly, but all pieces are cut. The design is pretty simple to put together and creates a nice stout bench that should hold up well for a while. If I had a nice miter saw stand (or built one) that I could set up jigs on I'd be able to speed up the cutting process substantially.

Each bench consists of the following:

6 - 2x4x4 Cedar boards (one coat of a semi-transparent stain/sealer all-in-one)
2 - Ground contact PT 2x4x8's cut down into 12 - 14-1/2" legs.
2 - PT 1x4x6 cut down into 10 - 14" pieces
Exterior screws and waterproof glue to hold it all together.

Total cost came in somewhere around $40-50 per bench.

Looks nice! I'm working on some similar benches. No stain/seal yet because the wife couldn't wait to see what they'd look like in place. Also need to finish off the ends on the bench that's closer to the camera to look like the other one.

No idea why the pic's upside down. The file I attached is right side up when viewed on the PC.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Benches.jpg
    Benches.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 244
^Thanks. I was originally planning only two legs for the 12' length, hence the 4x4 for added strength. Kept it when I went to three legs because I liked that it looked a bit different from other similar designs.

Those are nice guys. One thing to keep an eye on though, they have similar benches as Osage Grove and I got a nasty splinter in the leg once trying to slide over to make room for somebody. Keep an eye out for splits on the corners of the rails and saw off the tip of the split if you get any so it can't impale somebody. It may save you and your guests a painful day, lol...;)

Last edited:
Crook & Chunky: them are some good lookin' benches. :thmbup: There's a certain aesthetic appeal to simple, clean, functional design.

Those are nice guys. One thing to keep an eye on though, they have similar benches as Osage Grove and I got a nasty splinter in the leg once trying to slide over to make room for somebody. Keep an eye out for splits on the corners of the rails and saw off the tip of the split if you get any so it can't impale somebody. It may save you and your guests a painful day, lol...;)
Some time during my teens, my father told me: "Any idiot can learn from their own mistakes. Smart people learn from somebody else'smistakes."

Note to self: Don't "scoot" over on wooden benches. Pick your @$$ up, and move over.

No worries Brutus, I gave all the "seat" boards a quick sanding and made sure to put any rough spots/knots to the underside. There was definitely a few that had some small splintered corners that could catch a leg.

Side note: It's been too many years since I've been to Osage. Last time I was there they didn't have benches, or concrete pads, or all the extra pin/pads.

No worries Brutus, I gave all the "seat" boards a quick sanding and made sure to put any rough spots/knots to the underside. There was definitely a few that had some small splintered corners that could catch a leg.

Side note: It's been too many years since I've been to Osage. Last time I was there they didn't have benches, or concrete pads, or all the extra pin/pads.

Its almost a different course these days. Two concrete tees per hole and all have multiple basket locations.

First ever tourney at Hidden Ridge DGC!

Run the Ridge - 2020

Doing a 1 round C-Tier at Hidden Ridge on Aug. 23rd. $20 entry with $3 to course fund, $2 to Ace pool, $15 to payouts. (Ace fund goes to the course if no aces are hit. Plenty of ace opportunities with the temp holes added, I'd be surprised if there's no ace(s).)

Cap of 84 players with tee times every 15 minutes starting at 8:00AM, 3 players to a card.

Course will be the original 18 holes plus 6 temp holes for a total of 24 holes.

Here's a sneak peak of temp hole B (basket to tee).
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_132605572_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200719_132605572_HDR.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 173

Latest posts